TV experiment - fluke

(5 Posts)
Karen1226 Fri 04-Apr-14 19:08:09

My dd is 9 weeks old and a nightmare to get to sleep, she sleeps beautifully at night once asleep but getting her to sleep is a nightmare and day time naps are a real struggle. I read yesterday that TV can affect their ability to settle and I must admit I'm terrible for putting her in front of the TV so that I can get stuff done.
So today I've put a ban on the TV and she has been so much calmer and been napping lovely, I'm hoping this isn't a one off.
Had anybody else had an experience with this?

nervy555 Fri 04-Apr-14 19:12:19

I think I saw the same thread and have done the same yesterday and today and fingers crossed- all sleep has been markedly better. No more TV for my poor little ds. (He only ever watched it half heartedly- but we had a habit of leaving it on it the background. )

HugoTheHippo Sun 06-Apr-14 22:14:51

That's v interesting. I'm also bad for having TV on in background and DD (7m) is a terrible sleeper, although the opposite way to yours - she goes down easily but wakes through the night. Might try this for the next few days as an experiment!

angelopal Mon 07-Apr-14 10:58:25

Thats interesting about the tv. I am bad for having it on in the background but have been told background noise is good for them. Dd is only 6 weeks and difficult to get down. Cries when you put her in her basket so she falls asleep on us first.

Might try taking her upstairs to a quiet room when she starts to look tired.

Karen1226 Tue 08-Apr-14 00:21:29

Went Fri,sat and sun with no TV and had a much happier baby who was getting plenty of sleep. Tonight we put it back on and I'm now sat with a very irritable baby who just can't seem to go to sleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now