I want to move co-sleeping 18 month old to her own cot

(4 Posts)
KiteAttack Thu 03-Apr-14 10:53:37

I'd be grateful for any tips.

She's such a bad sleeper. Hardly ever slept in the day and the only time she would sleep is on me or next to me. Now she's bigger and takes up more space with her arms spread out, I'd like to put her in her cot.
It's in our room so I won't be far but she really is a bad sleeper and tends to wake up several times a night. I often just rock her back to sleep.
She naps in her buggy as that's the only other time she sleeps, or in a swinging chair.

Help please smile

KiteAttack Thu 03-Apr-14 11:00:04

I forgot to mention that she soothes herself back to sleep by holding on to my hair! How do I get her to find something else to soothe her?

Sunnysummer Thu 03-Apr-14 11:25:02

DS is a few months younger and in the early days of gently shifting away from cosleeping (as he insists on having most of the bed and no part of me touching him, I'm huddled in a corner and DH is in the spare room!) - we've found the No Cry Sleep Solution to be good and gentle, for 18 month plus they also have some extra strategies based on them understanding the move.

KiteAttack Thu 03-Apr-14 12:45:17

I've downloaded the book. Thank you. Fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now