Straw poll- where is your 12 wk old just now?!(evening)

(14 Posts)
eisbaer Mon 31-Mar-14 19:49:59

Mine is feeding "to sleep" on our bed, I plan to leave him there once he's sound, and just feed him there in dark between now and morning. First night of a routine as such. He was 12 wks ystdy. What about you? Is your little one still with you downstairs? In cot in own room? Curious as to what the majority are doing.

WhatsTheWordHummingbird Mon 31-Mar-14 19:52:10

Mines not 12 weeks but at that age she was in her baslet in our bedroom. It adjoins the living room and the door was open. She had a bath and a bottle before seven got swaddled and put down at seven.

I lift her and feed her at 10.30/11pm, then she will wake me at 7am.

MrsHowardRoark Mon 31-Mar-14 19:54:58

Mine is asleep next to me in bed.

We co-sleep and I usually head to bed with her and use the laptop to watch films. At the weekend when DP is around she is with us downstairs.

eisbaer Mon 31-Mar-14 19:55:31

Ooh you're lucky a full night's sleep! Still cosleeping so no idea when the feeds will stop through the night but want to stop cosleeping soon and this is the first step.

Spookey80 Mon 31-Mar-14 19:59:25

Bumping for advice!

kazza446 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:02:20

My 12wk co sleeps with us at night only because he'sa little shit and won't sleep anywhere else. he's bf'ing now and will probably play up until 10pm before finally settling until 5am if I am lucky.

josephine1986 Mon 31-Mar-14 20:49:54

13wk old dd...so sneaking in here...she is bfing next to me in bed, in her sleep. We cosleep. Dh is cooking dinner I will either leave her here to eat next door with him or eat here, don't want to risk waking her, she's had a very disrupted day and just finishing off 12 week growth spurt.

14wo dd so a bit ahead but nothin has changed in the last couple of weeks. I feed to sleep downstairs and put her in Moses basket next to me, she is usually asleep for 8:30/9. When i'm ready for bed at 11/11:30 I take her up with me and she either wakes for a feed then and sleeps till about 6 or sleeps through till 2 and wakes for the day about 7:30. I prefer the 2am feed and later start to the day!!

FelixFelix Wed 02-Apr-14 09:57:31

Dd is 14 weeks and she goes to sleep at around 8pm downstairs after her feed. We take her upstairs to bed with us at about 11pm and she has another feed then goes back to sleep in her crib. In the past few days she's stopped waking at 3/4 and will now sleep from 11 until 6am shock it's brilliant!

beccajoh Wed 02-Apr-14 21:19:14

Almost 11 weeks and is asleep in his Moses basket upstairs in his bedroom and has been since 7pm.

My daughter (now 21m) was permanently attached to a boob at the same age.

beccajoh Wed 02-Apr-14 21:21:13

Ps. He'll wake for a feed anywhere between 12-2am, then again at 4/5am.

MissTink Fri 04-Apr-14 23:35:10

My 13 week old is given a bath and feed and is in bed between 8&9pm he then sleeps through and wakes up between 7-9am. This has happened for the last week and before that I had managed to get him to one feed in the night. I have had him in the same routine since 8weeks using the same products so he associates those smells with sleep time. I also purchased black out curtains so he doesn't wake to early and will hopefully help now th nights are getting lighter.

BetterWithCheese Fri 04-Apr-14 23:56:02

My 13 week old is asleep in the bedside cot and has been since 8, though it is usually earlier but she wakes twice in the night. She used to do once a night at 3.30/4 but she's started to sneak in an earlier feed and on a bad night a third feed. She us a much better sleeper than my DS was so can't complain too much.

At 12 weeks my twins were put to bed at 7pm after a feed (in their own cots in our bedroom). I would wake them again at 10:30pm for a dream feed. Twin 1 would then sleep until 7am and twin 2 would wake for another feed around 4am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now