Anyone recommend nct bednest?

(14 Posts)
smcd12 Wed 19-Feb-14 14:56:43

Hi there, this is my first post!

I am pregnant with baby number 2 and after a tough time with sleep with my first (still have a few issues and she's 20 months old), I am considering buying the nct bednest in the hope that it will help with night feeds and help baby settle if he or she is closer to me. It's expensive though so I am really undecided. Does anyone have any experience using one and would you recommend it? Also wondering if it is then more difficult to move baby to its own cot.

Thanks in advance!

Oly4 Wed 19-Feb-14 15:01:27

Hello! I haven't used one but have just bought the john Lewis version which is much cheaper at £160! My friend has one and loves it. It's also my second pregnancy and we also have a 22 month old who's never been a great sleeper. I'm hoping this will help as I found a Moses basket useless the first time round.

Oly4 Wed 19-Feb-14 15:01:51

Hello! I haven't used one but have just bought the john Lewis version which is much cheaper at £160! My friend has one and loves it. It's also my second pregnancy and we also have a 22 month old who's never been a great sleeper. I'm hoping this will help as I found a Moses basket useless the first time round.

HJBeans Wed 19-Feb-14 15:17:41

Ours worked brilliantly and we had no issues moving to a bigger cot when the time came. Didn't buy one, though - rented one through the NCT - £99 for a six month rental with new mattress and fabric pieces. Was really convenient delivery and uplift and a much more reasonable price for something you'll use for six months max. I'd highly recommend both the bednest and the rental service.

HJBeans Wed 19-Feb-14 15:18:53

Ps: Ours looked brand new, too. There was no sense we were using something than had served 100s of babies.

smcd12 Wed 19-Feb-14 19:48:21

Thanks guys, I'll have to look up the John Lewis one, but if we go with the bednest then rental might be the way forward.

Oly4 Fri 21-Feb-14 15:30:54

It's hard to find on their website, it's called troll. Link below. You need a separate mattress. I decided to buy as the resale value on ebay is good and we haven't ruled out baby number three after this one!
http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/troll-bedside-crib-white/p231330995

Oly4 Fri 21-Feb-14 15:31:10
FrumiousBandersnatch Fri 21-Feb-14 22:05:09

Wholeheartedly recommend Bednest, but as pp have said don't buy, rent: factoring in the cost of a new mattress each time (which you get if renting), you'd need to have three more children to make it cost-effective to buy outright. £99 for six months is really good value IMO and ours saved me masses of sleep. Fully intend to rent again when (ha!) we have another baby.

Don't use the bednest. We had one and it is a heavy awkward piece of rubbish. The side dropping down just doesn't work and wgioe the idea is good I've never been so happy as the day I successfully sold it.

I wish we'd adapted the ikea cot or bought a different version that would have worked as a cot for much longer.

Clargo55 Sat 22-Feb-14 19:43:11

I would also recommended the John Lewis one.

Clargo55 Sat 22-Feb-14 19:44:54

Also the SnuzPod by The Little Green Sheep, looks really good. £169 I think.

MamaDuckling Sat 22-Feb-14 19:50:29

I've just moved our LO from bednest to cot, and only because he is tooling for bednest at 13 weeks!

We rented, definitely the way to go unless you plan to use for future babes or sell on.

I found it to be a superb way to enjoy benefits of co sleeping... But I'm not convinced its made LO a better sleeper! He feeds to sleep and doesn't settle in any crib/cot for day time naps.

However, I loved how easy it is to set up/travel with. And the incline feature is genius if your baby suffers any kind of reflux or gets a cold.

MamaDuckling Sat 22-Feb-14 19:50:56

Tooling?? Too long!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now