Backwards body clock!!

(4 Posts)
amandine07 Wed 19-Feb-14 04:28:48

My DS is 6 weeks and sounds very similar!
Don't know what's happened, he was doing 'okay' until the last week or so.

Sleeping loads during the day- yesterday he slept from midday to around 6pm will only a few stirrings in between.
Ordinarily I'd get him up and make him wake up however the in laws are here visiting so it's been difficult to get near him grin

I am looking out for advice too, sorry don't have much to give right now.
Just wanted to say that I feel your pain!
Things are made slightly worse by OH telling me about people he know with babies around the same age that all apparently sleep through the night- it's not helping! [sad ]

cmpr500 Tue 18-Feb-14 16:09:54

Thank you. I'll try and take her out for a walk in the daylight every day. I have tried to play and keep her awake but she won't have any of it! I suspect I need to be more patient but I'm going crazy with anti social schedule!

keepitgoing Tue 18-Feb-14 08:18:38

hi this is normal early on I think it'll change gradually. to help it take her outside twice a day in the light. try and play with her in the day, keep things noisy and bright. at night no playing, lights off etc.

cmpr500 Tue 18-Feb-14 03:51:39

Hello smile

I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions or experience with their little one/one's having their body clock backwards?

My little girl is 6 weeks on Wed. She has got into a routine of sleeping all day and being awake all night. She literally wakes up at about 9:30-10pm every night and stays awake until 8-9am the next day. She has a couple of little 15-30min sleeps in the night but as I finally manage to drop off she is wide awake again.

I have been told to try and get her into a routine by putting her down to sleep on an evening but she just wakes up 10mins later.

I have been breastfeeding her but its not going well I don't think. She never seems to be satisfied anyway.

Any advice would be most welcome. We have both become nocturnal and its really starting to get me down as I can't get out and about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now