Co-sleeping question

(10 Posts)
HHH3 Mon 17-Feb-14 12:36:27

14 month old DS2 has co-slept with me since day 1 (I'm a lone parent). No plans to give it up any time soon.

At the moment he sleeps on top of the duvet in a sleeping bag. He's had a pillow for a couple of months but moves around so much in the night that it doesn't get used much (I often end up being his pillow anywaygrin).

My question is, as he'll be too big for his sleeping bags in a few months, what do I do instead? I know he'd be ok to be under the duvet with me but a) I'm not sure how well that would work given how much he moves and b) I'm worried I'd move the duvet over his head in my sleep.

What have other people done? What has worked/not worked? And if I pulled the duvet over his head would he move it out of the way in his sleep at this age?

DelBot123 Wed 19-Feb-14 00:03:30

Might be worth getting him his own baby duvet that he can take with him to his big bed when he does/ if he does eventually move. You could have a single for your side and he could have his for his smile

darjeelingdarling Wed 19-Feb-14 20:34:39

hi hhh - my ds is also 14 mo and we sleep I'm finding that wearing one of those cuddly fleecy bed tops (sainsburies have em as do m and s) helps so I keep the duvet down low over my bottom half. I got a larger size so can be pulled up for bf, and wear a vest top thing which keeps my tummy warm. Ds likes to cuddle me in it! then his feet can be tucked if if I think he's too cold but he tends to hate being covered. I think now he just crawls to me if cold and I tend to do a quick check of his ears! He started hating his sleep bag so I bought long johns and layered him up. splashed out and bought a jojo mama babe sleep suit but its still a bit restrictive for him so will probably save for if we get a Baltic freeze!grin

I'd move fast on the cuddly top thing; sainsburies has a 25% off clothing thing and I got the blue n white stripy one for around £10

I'm not sure how we'll progress - we've had no where near the winter we had last year but there's still time! if we don't get a cold snap I know he hated the heat of the summer last year so I doubt I'll need to think about the duvet too much till the Autumn.

darjeelingdarling Wed 19-Feb-14 20:35:13

we cosleep that was meant to say!

mellojello Wed 19-Feb-14 20:41:27

Ive seen grobags up to age 6 OP,

here

rugbychick Wed 19-Feb-14 20:50:39

You can get sleeping bags to fit up to age 3. We've got some for dd. no way would she keep a duvet on her in the night!

rugbychick Wed 19-Feb-14 20:52:01

We've got sleeping bags up to age 3 for our almost 2 year dd. no way will she keep a duvet on her!

mellojello Wed 19-Feb-14 21:03:19

Another thing you can do OP is to ditch the duvet & get yourself a onesie! I have seriously thought about this for me & DD grin

HHH3 Thu 20-Feb-14 07:16:54

Thanks everyone. Didn't realise you can get bigger sleeping bags so will probably get a couple once he's outgrown the ones he has. He's fine in them so unless he starts hating them I think carrying on as we are is the way to go. And no onesie for me - no heating in the bathroom so stripping off for a wee is far too cold grin

mellojello Thu 20-Feb-14 18:41:58

grin same here - no heating in bathroom. Horrible.

Also, you could just have a single duvet on your side.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now