Pillows

(8 Posts)
Dopolis Thu 06-Feb-14 21:44:14

When is the best time to put a pillow in the cot?. We have a 20month old daughter.

Only1scoop Thu 06-Feb-14 21:45:23

I think we started a small pillow from 2....

Ifcatshadthumbs Thu 06-Feb-14 21:45:53

I think we waited until ds was two and in a toddler bed

amandine07 Wed 19-Feb-14 06:34:03

On the theme of pillows- we have pram carrycot for our 6 week old. Is it ok for him to continue lyng flat or does he need a pillow of some sort?

My MIL insists he needs a pillow and is trying to buy something suitable.

Is it ok for a small baby to be completely flat in a pram?

toomuchtooold Wed 19-Feb-14 07:08:07

amandine07 I can't find a decent link but I was told that babies should ideally lie totally flat until they're old enough to hold their heads up as it's better for their posture. Once they can sit up with support you move them to the buggy seat. So no pillow needed!

Ifcatshadthumbs Wed 19-Feb-14 10:53:40

I used a goi goi pillow for ds1 but only in his pram when I was with him never unattended

Lucyadams184 Wed 19-Feb-14 13:14:00

I started using a pillow for my two when they went to a bed so around 2 years old. I wouldn't use anything in the pram, being flat is fine.

amandine07 Wed 19-Feb-14 19:26:07

Ok thanks- yes I was certain that was the case, it's ok for new babies to lie flat!

MIL trying to help but was quite concerned about leaving the baby lying flat (I don't think I sounded very convincing when I said it was ok!) she's trying to find a suitable pillow but of course they don't exist for newborns.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now