Is there a good book about sleep you would recommend?

(8 Posts)
Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Wed 29-Jan-14 20:50:48

DD is 7 months old, and is making me realise a) just how good a sleeper DS was, and b) how that had absolutely nothing to do with anything I did....

I need a strategy before the sleep deprivation drives me to delirium. Can anyone recommend a good book about helping babies to sleep, but which is down to earth, sensible and realistic?

For background, DD is BF and I'm not keen on the idea of CC for her yet as I think she's too young to understand. She currently tends to BF to sleep (DH rocks her) and has lost the knack of self-settling.

TIA flowers

SmallBee Wed 29-Jan-14 21:55:24

My DD is only 3 months but I found Baby Secrets by Jo Tantum worked for her. Good luck smile

sharond101 Wed 29-Jan-14 22:07:28
Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Wed 29-Jan-14 22:37:38

Brilliant, will have a look at those - thank you!

FrumiousBandersnatch Wed 29-Jan-14 23:50:40

YY to No Cry Sleep Solution. I like the way that it presents a series of strategies for you to try rather than a prescriptive, precise set of instructions. I appreciate that this isn't for everyone, and that lots do people prefer clear, routine-based books, but it suited me.

btheb Thu 30-Jan-14 00:31:24

I agree about no cry sleep solution. It's all common sense really but not necessarily things you would think of especially not if sleep deprived. It all just takes time which makes me frustrated though! Plus some days are better than others!

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Fri 31-Jan-14 02:22:13

I am reading N Cry Sleep Solution now - really helpful so far, realising now that we've developed quite a few unhelpful habits, so we've got something to work on - brilliant, just what I needed. Wish us luck!

Thesebootsweremadeforwalking Sat 15-Feb-14 08:56:18

Update: well, we spent the last two weeks doing the Pantley pull-off, introduced a lovey, put a radio in the room and.... (drumroll) DD is now settling in her cot from drowsy but awake and going from 8 til 7 with only one waking grin.

I don't look 92 any more!

Thanks to all those who recommended the book flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now