7 month old not settling at night!

(17 Posts)
cupcake78 Mon 27-Jan-14 20:31:37

Dd has been through every stage known to mankind. She slept through for a few weeks grin but then it all went wrong, very very wrong. She was diagnosed CMPI and the nights got worse and worse. We have never really recovered.

At 4-5 months she was sleeping in our bed every night, waking every hour and basically breaking us. We did the CIO at 6 months and it worked well. She was in her cot from the first night and stopped the crying from the 3rd night.

Until nowhmm for the last week I've spent every evening running up and down stairs putting dummy's back in, shushing, patting etc. If we don't get to her fast we've had it. The screaming paddy begins and goes on until she wears herself out. This is temper, not pain, not teething, not hunger etc just seriously pissed off at being awake. Overtired, inconsolable baby screaming and thrashing.

Sitting next to her makes her worse. The slow retreat makes her mad. She throws her dummy out then screams for it. She rives about in her cot then gets stuck so screams some more. If we pick her up she eventually stops crying until we put her down and instantly it all starts again. My instinct tells me she's growing up and making herself known rather than there being a problem. She's waking every 2-3 hours and not self settling. She doesn't want milk. Sometimes she only crys for 2 or 3 minutes other times were into 1-2 hours of grumpy dd.

We have ds who's 6 and needs his sleep. Both dh and I are back at work.

What do I do with her?

cupcake78 Tue 28-Jan-14 04:39:21

Bump. Somebody must have some ideas. I've searched for sleep nannies and there are none in my area. Lying here listening to her protest yet again confused

cupcake78 Tue 28-Jan-14 04:39:22

Bump. Somebody must have some ideas. I've searched for sleep nannies and there are none in my area. Lying here listening to her protest yet again confused

sharonosaurus Tue 28-Jan-14 04:47:05

I have no advice, but Im awake!

DD has slept through the night twice since April, arghhhhh.
Ive just fed her for about the 6th time tonight.

I do wonder if she might possibly sleep through ever shock

cupcake78 Tue 28-Jan-14 04:54:15

She's been crying for almost an hour now hmm. Simply fighting sleep. She's got some serious stamina! Dh and ds have ear plugs in. I'm about to lose the will hmm

cupcake78 Tue 28-Jan-14 04:55:14

They do sleep through eventually. Ds is 6 and although it took him till 3 he can now sleep through.

matilda101 Tue 28-Jan-14 04:56:47

Are you sure she's not teething?

cupcake78 Tue 28-Jan-14 04:57:56

I don't think so because she's

sharonosaurus Tue 28-Jan-14 04:58:34

Ive had to co sleep, I have tried everything with her.

Shes mow snoring next yo me,

This feeding every couple of hours, Im sure is just for comfort & habit, as sometimes its only for a few minutes.

Its a long old road, Ive aged so much, my eyes are so wrinkled now sad

But only another 2 hours til shes jumping all over me grin

cupcake78 Tue 28-Jan-14 04:59:46

Pressed too soon....

She's quiet when I go into her (every 5 minutes) and it's not painful crying its tired, cross crying. She's stopped! She's actually stopped. I daren't even turn over incase she starts again.

cupcake78 Tue 28-Jan-14 05:01:25

We only have a double bed and no spare rooms. Co-sleeping is not really an option as we don't have the room.

sharonosaurus Tue 28-Jan-14 05:04:17

Its easier for me as its just me & DD, Ive put a bed rail up as well. The cot is in my room, she thinks its a play pen!

How about a gro-bag? My DD sleeps loads better in one, still wakes every few hours although not last week as teething & she got to hot.

cupcake78 Tue 28-Jan-14 05:04:17

Spoke too soon. Here we go again hmm

cupcake78 Tue 28-Jan-14 05:05:51

She's in a grow bag, room has a small thermostat oil radiator to take the chill off it. Believe me I have done everything I can think of.

sharonosaurus Tue 28-Jan-14 08:13:53

Hope

sharonosaurus Tue 28-Jan-14 08:14:03

H

sharonosaurus Tue 28-Jan-14 08:14:38

Hope you all got some sleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now