How much sleep does your 2.7 year old get?

(13 Posts)
CinammonGirl Mon 28-Oct-13 20:03:37

Just that really - how much sleep do they get at this age and is it made up of naps or just night time sleeping? I have posted about my DD's sleep before and things are not much better but I have resolved myself to it and stopped fretting about it. I'm just curious!

Mine sleeps for no more than 10 hours a night, and has a day time nap of 1 to 1.5h. I am convinced it is not enough, but when he's awake, he's wide awake!

DeathMetalMum Tue 29-Oct-13 15:11:27

10-11 hours at night, currently wakes on average once a week for anything up to three hours and has no naps. Dd did fall asleep last week for an hour on the sofa in the afternoon but she had been up in the night for a few hours then up at 5.30.

Mostly asleep by 8 and up between 6.30-7.30. Dd is 2.8 but has always slept 10-11 hours at night only a handfull of times slept 12 hours or more usually before/after and ilness. My 7 month old sleeps longer she likes around 12 hours at night despite still waking for a feed !

OneLittleToddleTerror Tue 29-Oct-13 15:13:05

Mine sleeps about 12 hours at night. In the weekend she has a 2 hour nap, but nursery says she only does 1-1.30 hours.

OneLittleToddleTerror Tue 29-Oct-13 15:13:57

Also, she doesn't wake at night unless she's poorly. Sleep time is 7pm till 6am. But currently she's waking up at 5am as she has no idea the clock has changed.

haloflo Tue 29-Oct-13 16:06:42

Mine doesn't get enough IMO. 11-12 at night if no nap. 10 if she naps. No nap days can be 7-7 but often she wakes at night and once a week/fortnight is up for hours at night with a no nap day. she then sleeps in morning to make up for it. She fights bedtime if she naps and does 9.30-7.30.

Currently we think she does best on 1/2 nap and 8-7 at night. Getting her to take that nap is hard. She naps 3 days a week maybe? She is 2.7 today.

madamginger Tue 29-Oct-13 16:09:41

11 hours at night 7:30 to 6:30 and no daytime naps. He hasn't napped since he was 20 months.

AlwaysWashing Tue 29-Oct-13 16:15:41

My DS is 2.7 and sleeps, generally, 7.30-7 (but might lie there chattering/singing to himself until 8.30pm if the mood takes him and also might wake up at 6.30).
He still very much needs an afternoon nap, 1-2 hours depending on whether it's been a busy morning.
He NEVER crashes on the sofa - no that's a lie, he did it once on holiday - but he doesn't habitually just curl up and fall asleep.

CinammonGirl Tue 29-Oct-13 19:10:03

Thanks for all replies smile I still feel she needs a nap as she seems very tired by lunch time but she is starting to resist the nap a bit saying she doesn't want to go to bed and crying for a bit when I put her down. Today though I put her down after lunch as normal but she didn't sleep at all. Have put her to bed slightly earlier (6.45pm - normally it's 7.15pm) and she seems to have dropped off quicker with less fuss than usual. Maybe this is the end of my peace at lunchtime!! sad

DeathMetalMum Tue 29-Oct-13 19:47:25

Always my dd has only ever crashed once on the sofa, last week.

Have you tried doing lots of things in the morning? It took a good three months for dd to drop her nap. Going every other day, then few times a week, finally once a week. It was unpredictable but we still did quiet time after lunch and made our day so much more flexible.

CinammonGirl Tue 29-Oct-13 20:18:26

Yes we do lots in the mornings, that's why I always think she must be so tired! She's got playgroup three mornings a week then the other days we have play dates, go for walks or down to the park if its nice enough. Will keep putting her down after lunch as usual for the time being and once she starts refusing to sleep every day it'll be quiet time on the sofa for us I guess!

LittleMilla Wed 30-Oct-13 20:59:12

My ds1 has an hour around lunchtime but only in car/in pushchair. Won't sleep in his bed and hasn't for a while now.

Goes to bed 7.30 ish and wakes up 6.30 ish.

Skipped his nap a few times but much happier with it so it's staying for a while. Even if that means that I sleep in public car parks regularly occasionally when both children are asleep hmm

CinammonGirl Thu 31-Oct-13 09:22:18

Well Tuesday night after no nap at all was absolutely bloody horrendous sad I was up from 1am til about 3:30am with her and every time I left the room she was just beside herself so I ended up on the floor beside her cot. Yesterday she had an hour and a half at lunchtime,bed at 7:15 and was asleep after about 20 mins fuss. She woke once in the night for her dummy but went straight back to sleep! Best night in about a month. Trying a longer nap again today and will see what tonight brings!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now