5.30 wake ups

(6 Posts)
CarlyRose80 Mon 21-Oct-13 08:37:40

I know this thread has probably been done to death but what do you do?
Little one is started waking at 5.30 with no attempt to go back to sleep. He's nearly 11 mo.
Checked all the obvious things and nothings changed. He's just waking early and not particularly hungry either as he has a night fees around 2. So breakfast isn't normally till 7!
What do you do, he never used to sleep in for long but normally 6.30.

KippyVonKipperson Mon 21-Oct-13 08:40:38

Lurking... I have the same problem. Wonder if he is sleeping too much in the day, lets hope a sleep guru finds this thread soon and let's us know. Mine gets up early and is then in a grump until his first nap of the day.

CarlyRose80 Mon 21-Oct-13 08:56:33

Well our naps are pretty set. 9am for an hour then around 1.30 for 1.5-2 hrs so he's not really over napping. It's just really annoying as he never used to do it!

minipie Mon 21-Oct-13 09:21:32

that's actually quite a lot of napping for 11 months... I'd aim for 2-2.5 hours maximum total naps. But then my dd doesn't seem to need much sleep, sadly.

mine is waking early too, but she is hungry (think it might be a growth spurt as she is eating loads in the day too) ... but she won't go back to sleep after I feed her argh! 5.20 this morning, yawn.

KippyVonKipperson Mon 21-Oct-13 12:43:26

Those nap times are the same for my 9 month old, hmmm, i've heard if you try and reduce the duration of daytime naps it can take a couple of Weeks for the early mornings to stop. Could be with a try

CarlyRose80 Mon 21-Oct-13 16:43:09

Honestly we've had alsorts as at nursery he doesn't really nap as there's so much going on. Some days he's had 20 minutes all day and still the same result. He's had 2 hours tofay so let's see what happens tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now