Bedtime vs naptime

(3 Posts)
trilbydoll Sun 20-Oct-13 09:13:53

She is always up for eating, bit like her mum, but i don't think she is actually hungry. I try to make sure she is hungry for the bottle so drinks a decent amount of formula.

I aim for bedtime to be 2 hours after the last nap but her naps are quite erratic so she could have had 1 hour or 3 in the afternoon!

Thanks for the reassurance, i do wish she had come with an instruction manual!

You're not doing anything wrong, she is a baby, and is very changeable!

When does she wake up from her nap? I found that if I wanted my boy to fall asleep around 7pm, I couldn't let him sleep any later than 5pm. Is she hungry when she wakes?

trilbydoll Sat 19-Oct-13 22:17:56

DD (5 months) is bf except for a bottle of formula before bed - on the basis that her sleep couldn't get any worse and the plural of anecdote is data!

Bedtime isn't fixed, depends on when she has napped, but usually 7.30 - 8.30pm.

Every night this week she has fallen asleep after the bottle with zero fuss, and woken up 2-3 hours later ready to play for a couple of hours. She is currently lying on our bed playing with her feet while i ignore her.

This has happened both on a day when she only had about 2 hours sleep during the day so was horribly overtired but also a day when she had 4.5 hours!

What are we doing wrong?!

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now