Learning to fall asleep alone

(7 Posts)
Tillypops11 Sat 19-Oct-13 00:20:24

My 22 dd has generally always been good at going to bed now won't sleep/ lay down unless one of us is at the side of the cot and I mean right at the side of her cot trying the cry it out returning to soothe her every few mins and for the last 2 nights it's not worked well at all she is just crying as salon as I walk our of the room until I return and eventually falling asleep during me soothing her should I just leave her to cry? Feel terrible listening to her cry but she is waking around 11.30 every night wanting to get into bed with us!!!! Tips/ suggestions welcome!!!

minipie Sat 19-Oct-13 14:11:57

is she 22 weeks or months?

Tillypops11 Sun 20-Oct-13 00:36:47

Sorry 22 months

minipie Sun 20-Oct-13 11:44:59

hmm, not an expert but you could try gradual retreat where you first soothe her, then after a few days you sit by cot, then a bit further away, then you stand in the doorway, etc. I think there is a post on MN entitled "what worked for us" about this method, you could look that up?

Llareggub Sun 20-Oct-13 11:47:43

Both my DCs were like this. I tried everything! What worked was pretty much incidental - I think it was a stage that they went through. It's hard but it will pass.

Theonlyoneiknow Sat 26-Oct-13 15:40:51

Has she got a comforter or special thing she sleeps with?

Tillypops11 Sun 27-Oct-13 22:26:25

After 40 mins of crying (well more shouting) she finally settled herself it was horrid to listen to but worked a dream she now goes to bed like a dream and we all have a good nights sleep x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now