3.5 year old not sleeping through

(7 Posts)
BlueyDragon Fri 13-Sep-13 14:27:07

Thank you all.

He slept through last night, I made a huge fuss this morning. He is a lovely boy when he's not tired.

Buzzardbird Tue 10-Sep-13 23:30:24

Dd was 4 before she slept through. I made a real fuss and rewards every time she did it. Helped a lot.

MsFlippingHeck Tue 10-Sep-13 23:24:28

No advice to offer, but after 3.11 years of dd waking and co sleeping she has finally started to sleep through the night. It just happened on its own

BlueyDragon Sun 08-Sep-13 16:15:50

Thanks noble, unfortunately we've tried all of those (including the stair gate!). Might give the reward chart another go.

noblegiraffe Sat 07-Sep-13 23:37:08

Gro clock, so he knows he's not allowed to disturb you before morning? Reward chart for staying in bed? stairgate so he can't get out

BlueyDragon Sat 07-Sep-13 23:33:24

Bump

BlueyDragon Sat 07-Sep-13 05:01:08

DS gets up once or twice a night. Generally he comes into our room looking for "snuggles", but he has also been known to go to the spare room and make himself comfy in there (regardless of whether or not there's anyone staying in there). He usually goes straight back to bed with no fuss and goes back to sleep, so I wouldn't get too bothered by it except for the fact that it's screwing my sleep totally leaving me exhausted and he's really tired and therefore horribly grumpy in the day.

There's been a lot of change in the family recently - I've just started back at work after being off sick for nearly a year, for a start - so I'm thinking he might just be feeling a bit insecure and this will pass. But this has been going on for a long time so any suggestions as to what might be disturbing him or what I can do differently would be welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now