Miss you mummy!

(6 Posts)
Suddengeekgirl Wed 04-Sep-13 20:17:32

Dd is 2.5yo and has always been hard work at bedtime. Not epicly hard like on super nanny etc, just hard.

She had been doing ok and then we went out and her auntie had to do bedtime instea of us. I think this was the first time someone other than is had done bedtime IYSWIM blush confused

Since then every night has been a battle filled with her sobbing "miss you mummy!" sad

I've been returning, reassuring and then leaving but she doesn't seem to be getting better/ coming round yet.

Any other suggestions? confused

mrsmalcolmreynolds Thu 05-Sep-13 08:43:31

How long do you reassure for? I'd be tempted ro keep that really short so that she isn't getting loads of attention/stimulation. Others may well think this is a bit harsh, but at 2.5 I think a child can be told that mummy and daddy are just downstairs, remember that and take comfort from it and I'd be inclined to view sobbing etc. as having its roots in seeking attention/control.

But you know your own child and what you're comfortable with.

phantomhairpuller Thu 05-Sep-13 08:45:45

No advice I'm afraid but I'm watching with interest. We have a similar problem with DS who's the same age. If we don't stay on the room with him until he's asleep he gets really upset and we rub the risk of him waking his 4month old brother (who sleeps like a dream wink)

Suddengeekgirl Thu 05-Sep-13 12:20:25

The reassurance is very quick but I don't like to leave her howling as I know she will just get louder and more upset and take longer to eventually settle if she reaches fever pitch.

Her big bro starting school today won't be helping things. sad

tazmo Mon 09-Sep-13 21:06:21

I threatened to shut the door and say that she'll wake up her sibling. When she cries, I shut the door. Give it a few minutes and say, now do you want the door open? If so, you need to go to sleep! Still works now! Started it about that age. They're clever little things!

Suddengeekgirl Mon 09-Sep-13 21:21:57

I've been glossing over it tbh. If she says it I say "love you lots, you're my very favourite girl!"
She seems to like that and although she still says it a lot she isn't anywhere near as upset as she was. smile
Dh even managed to do her bedtime tonight without me having to do it! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now