Transition to one nap, tips to make it drama free, please!

(7 Posts)
Keznel Fri 06-Sep-13 21:43:22

Well we have tried a few things over the last few days but DD does not want to sleep in her cot in the morning time regardless of what time I try! The earliest she has gone to her cot is 1.30-2 (after lunch) when she's slept anywhere from 45mins to 1hr 40mins. Trying to give her lunch early at 11, 11.30 did not work. The whole thing is still a work in progress but I am definitely convinced she is now a one nap a day baby. We are just going with the flow, as to what time it happens and how long it is. On the days she sleeps less we put her to bed earlier for her nights sleep grin

I wouldn't give her a morning snack, then lunch between 11/11:30 and a considerable snack when you wake her around 2:30pm. That should see her through to dinner.

Keznel Tue 03-Sep-13 22:12:10

neversleepagain I was thinking of letting her sleep around 12, but had wondered about the logistics of lunch. Would a snack see her through post nap to dinner time? I'm not sure she would eat as much as she does now at lunchtime if I moved it so early. I dunno all trial and error I suppose.

I would also bring her bedtime to 7pm.

Earlier lunch time (11/11:30am) and afternoon nap at 12.

Pre my own babies I was a childminder and saw 8 babies through their two to one nap a day phase. This worked best.

drwitch Tue 03-Sep-13 17:08:59

push the morning nap forward an hour or so. She will then sleep late enough to see her through to bedtime (you may need to make it a bit earlier). Then when she has setlled in this routine try and push the nap after lunch. so

Keznel Tue 03-Sep-13 16:56:16

My DD is 161/2months and for a while now hasn't settled for her morning nap. We've tried playing around with the time she goes down for this nap but no success! So this week we went with the theory that she is in the process of dropping the early nap. Well today was a disaster she got up at 7.10 was full of beans all morning we went to the park mid morning then home for lunch she was so tired by lunch time she wouldn't eat anything. Put her down shortly after lunch thinking she'd sleep a good 2 hrs but no, wide awake again after 45mins sad Her nap schedule used to be

Awake at 6-6.30
Nap 9-9.30 for 1-11/2hrs
Nap 2.30-3 for 1-1/2hrs
Bed 7.45

It was all going swimmingly until this last couple of weeks! I selfishly want her daytime routine sorted ASAP as DC2 is due in 4weeks. If anyone has advice tips on how to successfully move to one nap, I'm all ears smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now