Is there anyone that can help??

(13 Posts)
ClartyCarol Fri 30-Aug-13 18:00:20

That's great about last night - bet you feel like a different woman!

CityDweller Fri 30-Aug-13 09:30:56

My DD was a bit like this when she was new. We had to take 'shifts' holding her over night as she would sleep/ settle in our arms.

lolalotta Fri 30-Aug-13 07:03:58

Feel your pain! We had this last night with 1 day old DD, I really struggled as hadn't managed any sleep for 48 hrs. Tried swaddling her and she was MUCH much more settled after this. Plus, we hadn't been paying enough attention to winding after feeding. Good luck tonight!!!

Haddock73 Fri 30-Aug-13 06:38:13

Last night was amazing - he fed at 10pm then slept til 3.30am, fed til 4.30am amd is still sleeping now...am only awake as my toddler is up! Really hope he sleeps like this gain tonight.

I will buy a dummy today though for just in case times.

ButteryJam Thu 29-Aug-13 18:45:48

Haddock, I wish I had given my DD a dummy, and she now refuses to take one. She used to do the same thing you are describing

ClartyCarol Thu 29-Aug-13 18:30:49

I understand you having concerns but tbh I think I'd be be thinking "Needs must..." and have one in to try on case of the same scenario as last night.

Hope you have a better night tonight. It's awful isn't it, your nerves are totally shredded after a mammoth crying session.

Haddock73 Thu 29-Aug-13 18:16:45

He doesn't have a dummy, dh is keen to let him have one, but I'm worried it will interfere with bfing.

Am worried about tonight...dh and I really stressed ourselves out from 9.30-1.30am lat night.

ClartyCarol Thu 29-Aug-13 13:32:24

My dc always loved to be swaddled when newborn. Stopped their arms flailing about! Does he have a dummy? Good luck for tonight.

Haddock73 Thu 29-Aug-13 06:52:56

Tried feeding nothing worked for another hour! Will try swaddling tonight if the same thing happens again. He got to a point wherehe was so overtired and frazzled nothing helped.

ClartyCarol Thu 29-Aug-13 02:01:36

Ok have you tried swaddling him, holding him upright against your chest and patting his back while 'shhh'ing next to his ear.

Poor you. Hope he settles soon. And your other ds.

Rummikub Thu 29-Aug-13 01:58:39

Does he just want to be held?

ClartyCarol Thu 29-Aug-13 01:53:31

Still hungry?

Haddock73 Thu 29-Aug-13 01:16:49

4 day old ds2 has been awake since 9.30pm it's now 1.15am.

At my wits end, he's already woke his brother up. Have changed nappy, fed, burped,doesn't want to comfort suck, refuses to be rocked,screams when left alone...what the hell do I do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now