Shouty baby

(9 Posts)

Earplugs are essential (you have just reminded me to order some for dc2s arrival!). For something so tiny they make an awful lot of noise and take up the whole bed....

ButteryJam Wed 28-Aug-13 09:38:17

My LO was the same. I think she grew out of it around 8 weeks. I called it grunting syndrome and took her to the cranial osteopath

SourSweets Wed 28-Aug-13 08:32:46

Thanks everyone for your Shouty Baby advice. I'm definitely going to get earplugs. For the last 2 nights we've tried co-sleeping which has made him much quieter, but I'm so aware of him I tend to doze rather than sleep so I'm not sure if that's a solution either really.

mrsmalcolmreynolds Sat 24-Aug-13 08:51:47

Second the earplugs - you'll still hear if they actually cry.

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Sat 24-Aug-13 05:29:03

I have a 3 week old, who shouts I was woken up half an hour a go, and could have fed him then but I know he will be still asleep, so I'm now just sitting watching him in his sleep.
It's easier for me thou because he is generally like click work so will be up at 5:30 to be fed.
So it's just a waiting game, and he will sleep thru his nappy being changed most of the time, however if I time it wrong he will wake up and squeak horribly as I think I've frightened him, then I feel bad.

PigOnStilts Sat 24-Aug-13 05:26:23

I bought ear plugs. Yes, it sounds heartless but it totally saved my sanity. You hear them cry though, muffles things enough to stop you being disrupted.

SourSweets Sat 24-Aug-13 05:19:39

Oh thank god, thank you! Some nights are worse than others but tonight the little bugger won't shut up! I've given up on sleep and am just listening to him and reading MN.

Lollypop1983 Sat 24-Aug-13 04:50:12

He'll grow out of it. My LO used to grunt in his sleep. Like u, I would lift him to feed, and he would still be asleep. I think it's their bodies getting used to the outside world. One night, you'll notice that he's not done it in a while!

SourSweets Sat 24-Aug-13 04:08:34

I am so tired! It's now 4am and I've been woken up at 12, 1, 2, 2.30, 3, and 3.15. I have a 3 week old baby who sort of 'shouts' in his sleep. He makes this "aaaahhhh!" noise, for no reason. I keep getting him out his Moses basket to feed him but he's not hungry. (No problems with feeding, he feeds frequently throughout the day and 2 or 3 times in the night)

He's actually still asleep when he makes these noises and not in any distress, he just seems to be a very noisy sleeper.

He's my first baby and I don't know if this is normal or a sign of something else? How can I save my sanity here? The trouble is when he actually is hungry he just makes the same noise so every time I have to check to make sure he's ok and doesn't want anything.

I'm not convinced its a problem that can be solved and I think it's just something he needs to grow out of, but should I worry? Is it normal? Or am I neglecting him somehow?! Talk about PFB.

Thank you, as always.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now