almost 9 month early waking

(55 Posts)
brightonbythesea Tue 30-Jul-13 07:34:32

i realise this is a small problem compared to many other sleep issues but my dd has started waking no later than 5.30. she will not go back to sleep and as a result is still tires amd grouchy all morning until a morning nap. she goes to bed between 6.30-7 as she cant stay up any later. on a typical day she takes two 1.5 hr naps a day 9-10.30 and 1.30-3. I have tried:

shorter naps
longer naps
earlier bedtime
later bedtime
leaving her in her cot whining until 6.20 whih I think is acceptable and her old wake up time.

i wouldnt mind but she is very grouchy in the morning and too tired for breakfast. it is an effort to keep her up until 9. Thoughts gratefully received

brightonbythesea Mon 12-Aug-13 13:23:59

wasn't 6am your target?! In which case, hurrah! It's still bloody early but it isn't the dreaded 5.30. My DD is completely inconsistant, and is also napping extremely badly at the moment. She is making a giant fuss about it every time, then isn't staying asleep for long. Always one sleep problem after another...!!

minipie Mon 12-Aug-13 13:42:02

Yes it was my target, of course now we have 6am I want 6.30... grin but yes it's not bad really especially given she is cutting a tooth poor lamb.

sorry to hear of your napping woes - I actually find bad napping one of the hardest things to deal with as I get paranoid about overtiredness and end up tramping the streets with the pram muttering 'go to bloody sleep' like a mad woman. Hope it improves. I often do naps in the pram at home so I can rock dd back to sleep if she wakes too early.

brightonbythesea Mon 12-Aug-13 14:01:00

ditto about getting stressed about bad naps, I probably shouldn't but I do get wound up about it, and then dread the day with my overtired baby! I often make the mistake of trying to get her to go back to sleep (in cot, pram, car whatever) and these days she NEVER does, once she's awake she will only go back to sleep 3ish hours later!
For example, I put her down at 1,20 today she was asleep by half past. I have just heard her squeaking at 2pm, aggh! although it has gone quiet so perhaps it was just a squeak this time. I wish I could be one of those relaxed mumma's who go with the flow but I just can't!
You go for your 6.30, that is the first time of day that is seriously human .

minipie Mon 12-Aug-13 14:26:26

hope it was just a squeak Brighton!

brightonbythesea Mon 12-Aug-13 14:40:23

it was a squeak! she's still asleep, hurrah!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now