Can anyone else just not relax until dcs are asleep?!

(28 Posts)
teacher123 Fri 28-Jun-13 19:36:39

DS is in his cot, and has been chatting and singing intermittently for AN HOUR. And will not drop off. I just cannot unwind whilst he's crashing about (he's 14 months). I know I'm incredibly lucky that he's just chatting, not screaming, but I'm still really on edge hmm (I do have PND and anxiety which is probably not helping!)

BastardDog Tue 02-Jul-13 14:53:49

Mine are teenagers now and i still feel like this. Trouble is these days they are often awake when I go up to bed at 10-11pm.

Both of their rooms are directly above the lounge and I can hear every time they as much as move in bed so that on edge feeling is there all evening.

A couple of months ago we got headphones for the TV. It's great because it not only means that dh and I can watch at different volumes (he is partially deaf in one ear), but it also means that I can't hear that they are still awake.

I look back fondly at the days that they were in bed at 7pm.

Monty27 Tue 02-Jul-13 15:03:48

Yes same, can't sleep until they're settled in bed. I worry about doors being left open, cooking being left on and lights.. because they are 20 and 17. Grrrrrrr!

teacher123 Tue 02-Jul-13 18:45:36

Oh god, I hadn't thought about worrying about them being asleep when they're teenagers!! I only got home tonight whilst DS was in the bath, and then put him to bed, and unsurprisingly he's fighting sleep like a trooper as he was so excited to see me... Tbh though after a manic day at work I'm too tired to be stressed about it at this precise moment...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now