9 month old naps

(6 Posts)
LIG1979 Tue 07-May-13 10:14:59

That is alot of sleep - not sure I would know what to do with myself if dd slept that much. grin

OrchidFlakes Tue 07-May-13 09:53:54

Thank you smile it sounds as though he is similar to others so I'll run with it grin

It was the HV saying he 'should be having 2 x 2 hr naps and 12 hrs at night that made me hmm he usually sleeps 7:20-6:30 at night with the occasional 5am thrown in for good measure but does still feed 2-3 times overnight but I'm ok with that.

thanks

LIG1979 Tue 07-May-13 09:45:20

If I am lucky dd will sleep from 7 till 7 with a feed at some point (up for about 30 mins max) and normally have 1 hour in the morning and 30 mins to an hour in the afternoon. I don't know exactly as I do ignore her if she is just talking to her toys in the early hours (which happens alot) and often she goes back to sleep although I do sometimes have to get up at 5/6am.

batteryhen Tue 07-May-13 09:33:21

My DS is 9 months, he has 2 naps a day, one of an hour and one if 1-2 hours. He goes to bed at 7 and wakes around 5.30. I have tried putting him to bed later but he still wakes at the crack of dawn.

I can't complain though as I realise how lucky I am that he is a decent sleeper. X

WakeyWakeyWakeyRiseandShine Tue 07-May-13 09:32:15

Ds usually does about 11 hours at night and 2 naps in the day totalling about 2.5 hours. Not consistent with his naps though and he often tries to resist them. Has been known to go all day on about 40mins nap!

OrchidFlakes Tue 07-May-13 09:26:42

Can intake aquick straw poll?

How many naps and how long does your 9 month old have?
Also how long over night?

DS seems happy but not having a huge amount of sleep 11 hours overnight and 1.5 during the day in 2 naps and I'm wondering if I ought to look at adjusting him a little or just run with it. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now