My 4 week old refuses to sleep anywhere but on us. Tips please!

(26 Posts)
Freyathecatt Tue 30-Apr-13 09:00:15

Hello

Our son is 4 weeks old and has steadfastly refused to sleep either in his cot or the moses basket we have.

He'll drop off in our arms, out cold. However as soon as we put him down he wakes himself up. So far we have tried:

Swaddling - he hates it,he likes having his arms free but the flailing of his arms might be what wakes him? Perhaps we need to swaddle him more firmly or use a woombi

Heating the bed with a hot water bottle - seems to make a little difference but he still wakes up

Leaving a t shirt of mine in smelling distance of him

Settling him in the sling- he sleeps in it but it is essentially the same as me holding him

I'm not a massive fan of co-sleeping and would like to avoid that.

I really don't like the idea of leaving him to cry and settle himself back to sleep when he wakes, but i need my arms! I would really appreciate any tips you might have for settling babies.

Thanks

Rebecca75 Wed 01-May-13 20:53:42

Damn predictive text...meant dd not dad!

I used a dummy with my son and it turned out to be awful when getting rid of them and I swore never to go down that route again.
Will be watching this thread for some miracle answers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now