DD finally sleeping through after 22 loooooong months

(8 Posts)
sparklekitty Mon 29-Apr-13 17:28:13

Cranial worked wonders for my DD crazy shaped head after ventouse delivery. Also sorted her wind/colic and helped with her reflux.

Unfortunately she still wakes 6ish times a night sad boo

namechangea Mon 29-Apr-13 17:23:01

DD1 took 18 months to sleep through (5am wake upsconfused) DD2 is almost 6 months doesn't really sleep during the day and at night wakes to feed about every 2 or 3 hours. Just found out I'll need an op sometime soonish so would like to get some kind of sleeping sorted before I leave DH for up to 10 days to deal with it.

DomesticGoddess31 Mon 29-Apr-13 16:35:55

namechangea, it looks like he's just putting his hands on her head but he says he's very gently manipulating the bones in her head to relieve pressure. At no point have I been concerned she would be injured. I take hand puppets to entertain her while he's doing his magic and she's mostly happy!

MoominsYonisAreScary Mon 29-Apr-13 13:23:02

Ds3 was 8 weeks early and started sleeping through at 22 months, 2 weeks before ds4 arrived! We were considering taking him somewhere but hadn't gotten round to it.

namechangea Mon 29-Apr-13 13:19:23

What does a cranial osteopath actually do to the baby/child? Considered it with DD1 but got all pfb that they might twist her neck and break it (only half joking here)

DomesticGoddess31 Mon 29-Apr-13 13:12:59

ooooh good idea! Sorry it didn't work for you thoughsad

lagoonhaze Mon 29-Apr-13 13:09:12

Im insanely jealous..... Sadly cranial didnt work for my DD although im a fan.

I suggest a session for you. It sort of rebalances you.

DomesticGoddess31 Mon 29-Apr-13 12:57:42

Just wanted to share this in case it helps someone else.....

My DD was born early and had reflux as a baby. Cue copious amounts of screaming and a baby who didn't sleep much. Up until 2 weeks ago she would wake at least 3 times during the night, every night, and often be awake for hours, and until recently, often be screaming bloody murder.

We tried everything, EVERYTHING. Nothing worked. We reached the very end of our tether about a month ago and booked a cranial osteopath and a sleep therapist out of sheer desperation. Well, she had 4 sessions with the cranial osteopath and (ironically) the day the sleep therapist visited us and handed us our sleep plan she slept right through. We hadn't changed anything except tweaked the bedtime routine slightly to make it a bit shorter and a bit more consistent. She's started having 3 hour naps in the day and stopped waking after 1 or 2 sleep cycles. She's sleeping deeper. She's so much happier in the day, and above all she's slept right through every night for 2 weeks now. Dear Lord do I wish we had taken her to the osteopath sooner, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Can't say how thrilled we are!!! I just need to learn how to sleep through now.....grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now