Where can I purchase blackout curtains?

(9 Posts)
HollyS74 Sat 20-Jul-13 16:12:37

Like someone said above you can get blackout fabric by the metre on eBay. This could then be sewn into the back of existing curtains or you could use bulldog clips to hold the lining up temporarily. If you are feeling extravegant Curtains Made Simple have a reasonable choice of kids fabric.

NothingsLeft Mon 29-Apr-13 07:36:31

this may be what you are looking for. They're brilliant smile

musickeepsmesane Sun 28-Apr-13 20:20:02

Sorry, yes you want curtains. Try buying from www.myfabrics.co.uk/blackout-curtain-fabrics.html
use the iron on hemming web. put your curtain pole through the top. Made-to measure is an option too.

milkyman Sun 28-Apr-13 17:52:47

Msg above is about curtain fabric

musickeepsmesane Sun 28-Apr-13 17:52:28

I buy the material (online or any material shop - Dunelm, Terrys Fabrics online) and sticky back velcro cos sewing them leaves little pinholes that let in light. Put one side velcro on window frame , other on material - job done. One of my kids was always awake early so I velcroed all the way round the material. Total darkness, great.

milkyman Sun 28-Apr-13 17:48:58

Thanks, can I be stupid and ask how you would fix to window - no good at sewing!.wink

Geeklover Sun 28-Apr-13 17:47:01

Argos sell blackout lining that you can just hook into the curtain itself.

LegArmpits Sun 28-Apr-13 17:41:27

You should be able to buy blackout material per metre really cheaply in any material shop. Tis what I've always done for odd shaped windows.

milkyman Sun 28-Apr-13 17:34:42

We have a long narrow window 60 x 182cm - having trouble sourcing for this. Already have blackout blind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now