Toddler's hair gets v damp when he sleeps - normal?

(11 Posts)
MissMitten Sat 27-Apr-13 22:30:20

Thread title says it all, really. I go in to check him an hour after he's gone to bed and he's fast asleep but with noticeably damp hair. The firs time I was worried he'd been sick on himself or sobbing silently, but it happens every night. Is this common?

does he get hot? What is he wearing to bed? My ds gets a sweaty head but then again so does dh!

tanfastic Sat 27-Apr-13 22:34:30

My ds has always been like this. He's five now and it's not as bad as it used to be but he still gets quite sweaty.

KenDoddsDadsDog Chile Sat 27-Apr-13 22:36:24

DD is like this too - covers on or off !

MissMitten Sat 27-Apr-13 22:36:24

I don't think he's hot. He's in a vest, pjs and a sleeping bag suitable for the temperature of the room/time of year. He also doesn't feel hot, and when I've taken his temperature during the night it's always been low, like 35.5. So just sweaty?

NorbertDentressangle Sat 27-Apr-13 22:36:43

DS was always a sweaty headed sleeper as a baby and toddler but grew out of it around school age I think.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sat 27-Apr-13 22:36:56

Yes I'd say he's a bit too hot.

Sometimes if I'm a bit hot in bed I wake up with curly hair where it's got a bit hot round my neck. It's a bugger cos I've then got to straighten bits.

<helpful>

MissMitten Sat 27-Apr-13 22:37:13

Reassuring to hear that others have sweaty kids too, thanks!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Sat 27-Apr-13 22:38:04

Vest, jim jams and sleeping bag? It has been a bit warm lately!

bigTillyMint Sat 27-Apr-13 22:38:48

My DS is/was a bit sweaty too. He is 12 now and finesmile

MissMitten Sat 27-Apr-13 22:39:53

Hmm. Maybe you're right. I tend to get feel the cold a lot so assume that he will want multilayering too. But it's fairly chilly tonight, and he is still sweaty-haired. Hmm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now