Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

So...down to 1 nap at 10 months

(10 Posts)

So sad sad

It was really going well, 3 hours of daytime naps split into 2 naps. It was how I caught up on me time slept off the hourly night wakings

But DS turned 10 months and the summer hit, and he's definitely decided that 1 nap is enough!

However, he is sleeping better at night so that's promising!

teacher123 Sat 27-Apr-13 21:42:39

It might be a phase! DS has gone through nap fighting at various times, he's 1yo and I remember at 10mo he was an absolute monkey, took ages to settle for every nap, was just a pain in the bum. Then it settled back to two nice predicable ones, then in the last couple of days we've had some nap refusal going on so it looks like we're moving towards only one... Booooo!

Oh I really hope so! Although, it is making him sleep for longer stretches at night so I shouldn't complain, he managed 3 hours the other night!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Erm, yep been walking since 6.5 months, he is constantly running around, makes noooo difference. Maybe he just needs less sleep, have to be extreme cases to make an average and all that...!

Haha! Thanks anyway,maybe I should get him a baby treadmill...!

justabigdisco Fri 03-May-13 23:43:51

My Dd went down to 1 nap at about 10 months and tbh it was bliss, instead of 2 x 30-45 min naps I got 1 x 90-120 min nap! Much better for me grin

I've got the same with DD, she's nearly 11 months and cut down to 1 nap about 5-6 weeks ago. She was having 2 hours in the morning and an hour in the afternoon, but now has 2 hours at lunchtime. Amazing considering she literally ate and slept for the first 3 months!
It was a new phenomenon for me too, DS was still having 3 naps at her age!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now