ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

DS pukes in his cot

(5 Posts)
MotheringShites Fri 26-Apr-13 22:00:32

DS (2.2) has started vomiting when we put him in his cot. Bit of background: he's generally been an ok sleeper. We co-slept while he was bf but went fairly easily to his cot and bottles.

We went on holiday for three weeks where he shared a room with DS1 and DD. Because of this he slept in a bed while they shared a bed in the same room. Every time he cried I joined him in in his bed so as not to wake other DCs

So we're home now and he's developed a serious sleep aversion. He's puked three nights in a row and not because he's been left crying. First night he cried about 5 mins then puked, last night I gave him milk, lots of cuddles, a little grizzle then puke. Tonight we did normal bedtime, put him in bed, he looked a bit worried, and puked.

What can we do? Please no anti CC comments.

omama Sat 27-Apr-13 07:09:24

This happened to my friend & she had to just persevere with putting her to bed each night, & if she was sick, clearing it up matter of factly, without comment or fuss so her dd could see it wasn't getting her extra attention.

Have you ruled out other factors eg is he definitely tired enough at bedtime? A lot of 2yr olds will cry/scream/protest/use delaying tactics if they aren't ready. If he's still taking a good nap of 1-2hrs every day & bedtime is 7-7.30pm this could be an issue.

Or maybe its time to put him in a bed at home too? let him choose some new bedding, make it exciting for him & he might surprise you & settle ok?

alienbanana Sat 27-Apr-13 07:12:01

I would try him in a bed I think.

Maybe try a gradual retreat approach - he's just got used to having you around

ilovepowerhoop Sat 27-Apr-13 22:33:57

I'd put him in a bed rather than a cot and see if it helps.

MotheringShites Sat 27-Apr-13 22:36:46

Thanks for your replies. We changed his routine and DH put him to bed so no puke tonight. It's definitely just a change from our holiday so we'll see how it goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now