7wo sleeping all day and awake all night - how to break the cycle?

(3 Posts)
TwitchyTail Tue 16-Apr-13 11:39:06

As above sad I know he's really young, but I'm finding this so hard to sustain as I struggle to nap during the day, and his sleep seems to be getting worse as time goes on!

I've read about not letting babies nap for too long, but how the heck do you keep them awake when they don't want to be?? I can wake him up with a nappy or clothes change, but then he promptly goes right back to sleep and resists all attempts at playing etc. I've tried a gentle bedtime routine with bath etc but he takes that as his wake-up-for-the-day cue!

It doesn't help that I've no idea how long his daytime naps should be at this stage.

Any help gratefully received! confused

haloflo Tue 16-Apr-13 14:27:26

Are you getting out much? Daylight is a good cue for them. Otherwise the usual of sleeping in a light place downstairs in the day. Cook, hoover, watch TV round him. Maybe do a daytime bath if he likes them and keep bedtime routine to be jus a quick top and tail and into clean clothes. Keep it dark at night and stay upstairs for night feeds.

Baby is unlikely to have set nap times at 7wo - my 6 wo sometimes has a little doze of 10 minutes, other times sleeps 2 hours.

It will pass soon. xx

TwitchyTail Tue 16-Apr-13 15:32:14

Good point, I haven't been getting out very much - too tired wink I'll make more of an effort with that. Thanks for other tips too, will give everything a good go smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now