ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Newborn baby doesn't sleep at all at night- to co sleep not?

(26 Posts)
Tweet2tweet Mon 15-Apr-13 13:31:57

Hi there
Have been home 4 nights with little darling and although I am so happy that she is here safely, sleep is becoming a real downer. She sleeps some during the day but basically is awake from 9pm until 4am. At 4am I am so exhausted that she goes to sleep in my arms whilst I am in a chair until 5/6ish.
However last night I tried feeding her lying down whilst DH was in spare room and we both fell asleep. She seemed to be totally settled and slept on and off from 12-6, with bf in between.
So should I take this approach for the next few weeks? MW says a big no no and I'm making a rod for my back and dd will never go down in her own bed if I don't stop this now. However after a quick google general view seems to be this is good approach and baby will go down in own bed after if you make sure you don't co sleep for months and months.
Has anyone done this? How did it work out for you? Also is a co sleep crib worth thinking about??
We didn't co sleep with dc1 but dd2 seems a lot more in need of hugs and I don't want to deprive her of closeness.

KatAndKit Mon 22-Apr-13 12:24:09

When DS was still in our room in a crib next to my bed we changed nappies in bed. we had a little fold up mat, a couple of nappies and bags and a pack of wipes on the bedside table and a nightlight and I just lay the change mat on top of the duvet and changed him there. No way were either of us getting out of bed just to go and change a nappy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now