Tips for moving baby into own room

(4 Posts)
MamaBear17 Tue 16-Apr-13 21:03:38

Keep the bed time routine the same, you may find that he doesnt even notice!

SanneSannes Mon 15-Apr-13 14:17:09

How about trying it just one night without any fuss and see how he gets on? Maybe he wont find the transition difficult at all, especially if he is already familiar with the room? And if he does find it difficult, you could then try cerain things like initially staying in room with him, putting one of your t-shirts in or close to his cot etc?

We moved DC1 and DC2 in their own room at 6 mo. Both had no issues. With DC1 I slept in his room for the first week and did the same with DC2 for one night - and to be honest I believe that was more for my own sanity then that the children actually needed me there!! Both had no change in sleeping pattern when I moved back into own bedroom. Good luck!

Tweet2tweet Mon 15-Apr-13 13:35:06

We went on holiday for a week and used a travel cot (just wee UK break). When we returned us dc1 into nursery as used the weeks change as a way to remove connection with sleeping in our room. That was at 5 months and seemed to work really well. All babies are different though and our dd1 was a fussy sleeper so maybe worth a try??

milkyman Mon 15-Apr-13 09:58:16

Hi, hoping to move 6mth old into own room this wkd. He is familiar with nursery as change nappy in there. He is currently in cot in our room. Any tips for smooth transition. Have bought vtech sleepy bear music and light machine. He currently wakes 3 times a night so hoping room move might improve things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now