Getting to sleep ruined since illness

(11 Posts)
Sleepybunny Thu 11-Apr-13 20:13:03

Oh do you watch that bedtime live programme on channel 4? They had some tips, plus a phone number. Maybe check out their website?

Sleepybunny Thu 11-Apr-13 20:11:03

Sorry I'm totally useless for advice, but is there a decent health visitor that could point you in the right direction?

Skang Thu 11-Apr-13 09:03:22

Does anyone have any suggestions of somewhere I could get advice about this? Is there some kind of helpline?? <clutches at straws>

Skang Wed 10-Apr-13 22:11:47

Indeed wine

Sleepybunny Wed 10-Apr-13 22:02:00

wine time

Skang Wed 10-Apr-13 21:26:59

She fell asleep! Thank god for that. I might just send DH in straight away tomorrow.

Skang Wed 10-Apr-13 21:12:05

After some random yelling of words, not in an upset fashion she has gone quiet. Please be going to sleep, it's been two hours sad

Skang Wed 10-Apr-13 21:02:46

Thanks, I'll have a look!

I stupidly went in thinking she'd probably 'go quietly' when I got back. I was wrong, she started messing about again. DH is back there now singing to her, she's actually wide awake now saying 'again!' after every song sad I wonder what will happen if I just don't go back? It kind of feels like giving in if I do and setting myself up for doing this (taking hours business) every night.

Sorry I'm just thinking aloud really.

Sleepybunny Wed 10-Apr-13 20:40:23
Skang Wed 10-Apr-13 20:27:20

After an hour she had her eyes shut and I thought she was finally going to sleep. Then she sat up, again. I called DH in to sit with her, I'm really starting to lose patience! She hasn't cried surprisingly, I would have gone back in if she did. I've heard her speak once since and he shhshhed her. Just go to bloody sleep! I

Skang Wed 10-Apr-13 20:04:14

I still feed my nearly 18 month old dd to sleep. She was ill with D&V a couple of weeks ago and since then it's taking up to a flipping hour each night to get her to sleep. Previously it took ten mins and she was showing signs of growing out of it. What can I do? I feel like we've been set back about 6 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now