How best to tackle siblings room sharing

(4 Posts)
Oopla Wed 20-Mar-13 20:24:46

Worked well for you holidays!

Might have to wait it out a bit longer. I'm usually just grateful for a few hours strung together tbh but had such a pang today for having a little read in bed with a cuppa beside me.

Currently I put ds2 to bed about 6.30-7ish, we all tiptoe around the house. Sometimes he'll sleep till midnight sometimes he'll wake 4-5 times then I'll give in and go to bed, he makes himself really comfortable in the middle of our bed, me and DP cling to the sides grin

This too shall pass x100

Looking forward to them having a big boys bedroom with cars and action figures everywhere grin

iloveholidays Wed 20-Mar-13 19:09:30

If it helps... DD2 is now 2 years old and is currently listing (shouting) out her vocabulary of words and DD1 (4 in couple of weeks) will fall asleep. No idea how she does it!!

iloveholidays Wed 20-Mar-13 19:07:31

I moved DD1 and DD2 in together when DD2 was around a year but she was sleeping through by then. I was dreading it, but we had no problems at all. Even if one of them woke the other would sleep through it or just roll over and go back to sleep.

The only issue we have had is that they can disturb each other in the morning.

I've never actually heard of any problems in RL of siblings sharing.

Oopla Wed 20-Mar-13 12:39:26

Would really love to hear how and when you moved siblings into a room together.

Ds2 is 12m old and I'm absolutely desperate for my bedroom back. The plan was always to move him in with ds1 who is 3.8 now but ds2 is still a really poor sleeper. He's never slept through, or a full night in his cot.

I think putting him in a room alone would prob break this pattern and maybe encourage some healthier sleep habits. Would it make sense to get him sleeping alone & for longer then move to sharing or should I just bite the bullet? (Seems a bit unfair on ds1)

How did you do it, is there a good age or time?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now