DS wakes every 1-2 hours, 3hours if I'm lucky

(16 Posts)
ItsallisnowaFeegle Tue 19-Mar-13 22:59:27

I'm not too concerned, I just wanted to know if he should be starting to sleep for longer periods through the night?

Are his sleeping patterns OK, or not?

Thanks for any/ all responses. please someone respond

How old is he?

ItsallisnowaFeegle Tue 19-Mar-13 23:02:31

Ah sorry! I thought I'd included that until I read it back. Almost 14 weeks grin

SquidgyMummy Tue 19-Mar-13 23:08:29

That'll be the sleep deprivation.....!
Is he BF or FF?

ItsallisnowaFeegle Wed 20-Mar-13 02:46:34

He was initially BF but it wasn't working and after a few weeks I had to admit defeat. I often wonder if his sleeping/ feeding patterns are left over?

Sorry for drip feeding, offering information like ^^ never occurred to me. hmm

It might also help to know that no matter what I try, he won't usually take any more than 2-3oz. He's a big boy and is in the 96th centile.

ItsallisnowaFeegle Wed 20-Mar-13 02:52:49

And on the odd occasion he takes 5oz. He still wakes up looking for his next 2-3oz. around 2-3 hours later.

ItsallisnowaFeegle Wed 20-Mar-13 11:56:19

I'm bumping this, as I'm really struggling today. Last night was awful and he's been screaming non-stop for around an hour now.

I don't think he's well rested but don't know what else to try. hmm

Andcake Wed 20-Mar-13 19:43:39

Can you tell if it is just comfort eating to get himself back to sleep. Is he really Hungry- have you tried giving him a dummy. I know it helped us until ds rejected it at 5 months as he got teeth :--/

My 10mo has rarely ever slept longer than two hours at a stretch, ever. You do actually adapt (I'm working full time and coping with it) but it's hell at first. Sympathies thanks

Loislane78 Wed 20-Mar-13 19:55:51

Is there any chance your LO has silent reflux. Frequent feeds, putting on lots of weight but general unsettledness (that's not a word!) might explain it.

Having said that some babies do wake frequently, but its the screaming that makes me think that - or teeth in, or other wind issue?

Loislane78 Wed 20-Mar-13 19:57:45

Post in the feeding section and you might get some better advice on ^^

Snowfedup Wed 20-Mar-13 20:06:24

Yes I was thinking silent reflux too - the give away for my ds was really 'wet' burps that sounded like he was going to vomit but never did and then wouldn't take any more bottle was back arching etc...

My first ds had reflux which was helped by gaviscon but this time with ds2 it's carobel which has really helped (now 12 weeks taking 6/7 oz per feed and going 5 hrs between feeds at night sometimes more on a really good night )

NeedlesCuties Wed 20-Mar-13 20:20:26

Does the silent reflux present itself as an issue at nighttime more than during the day? Sorry to hijack the thread, but am curious.

Snowfedup Wed 20-Mar-13 20:25:18

Not sure but it's worse if they are lying flat so maybe as are more upright during the day especially after feeds it might be less obvious ?

NeedlesCuties Fri 22-Mar-13 07:30:16

Ok, that makes sense. My DD seems more grizzly when she's sitting up, so I don't think it's silent reflux she has... think it's more a case of loving being lying down in mum's bed, and then getting angry when she's not there.

confused

CarlyRose80 Fri 22-Mar-13 09:31:10

Hi my little One did this for about 2 weeks then it just suddenly changed. He is on gaviscon for reflux. He's 15 weeks and still only has 4oz feeds 3hourly sometimes more. The only reason he will scream is for tiredness. Even when he goes to sleep I wake him if he's due a feed to kep his feeds regular. Can you try stretching out one feed in hope he will be hungrier at the next and then try feeding every 2.5 hours to at least get a routine with his feeds which will then help his sleep pattern Nd stop him waking sooner due to hunger. This is what i did anyway and I know it's not that simple but hope it helps a little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now