What age to move from cotbed to bed?

(7 Posts)
Wearegoingtobedlehem Mon 18-Mar-13 22:19:27

Hi,

My first dd moved into a bed at 18 months ( v low bed with a bed rail), mainly because we needed the cot for dd2.
Dd2 is now 23 months and still in the cotbed with sides on. I am in two minds as to whether to order a bed and ditch the cot, or just turn the cotbed into a toddler bed. In a way it would be nice to not fork out just yet.
What age did you move yours into a bed?

dd was 2 and ds was 2½ years old when they moved to a full sized single bed. Mine didnt have cotbeds, just cots.

Pootles2010 Tue 19-Mar-13 12:47:23

My ds is 3 in July, and still in his cotbed with sides on. MIL is horrified grin but he hasn't ever tried to leap out, and is happy so don't see problem tbh.

Its a huge cotbed, he's a way off growing out of it yet, I think we might take sides off soon-ish but only because we're off on holiday and I want him to get used to a bed.

Why would you get him a bed when the cotbed converts? Assume its still big enough? The whole reason we shelled out for the cotbed is to last him till hes 4-5 ish.

DD1 was in cot til 2.9, then toddler bed (room too small for single fullsize bed)
DD2 in cot til just over 2, cotbed til nearly 5, still in toddler bed (inherited from DD1 when DS needed cotbed.

DS is 22 months, still in cot, will convert to cotbed (superlow to floor) but I'm not in any hurry

Wearegoingtobedlehem Tue 19-Mar-13 22:38:50

Thank you all, I have taken the sides off the cotbed today, and after a couple of hours of messing about in the room she is now fast asleep.
I have to admit I don't know what I thought the rush was, I guess it's just her elder sister got moved into a bed quite early ( due to needing the cotbed) and took to it so incredibly well.
But yes, I'll hold off on a full size bed for a while, thank you smile
thanks

AThingInYourLife Tue 19-Mar-13 22:40:09

Around 4

willyoulistentome Tue 19-Mar-13 22:44:22

Ds1 out of cot bed at around second b-day to make way for ds2. Ds2 out of cotbed into proper full size single at 3ish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now