Is a total of 4.5 hrs too much napping for a 20 week old?

(7 Posts)
Seriouslysleepdeprived Fri 15-Mar-13 22:38:17

I would also say enjoy it! DS was a crisp napper at that age and would t do longer than 45 mins until he was 9 months. Sounds like your into a good routine smile

okthen Wed 13-Mar-13 19:28:43

Ds is 19 weeks and has 4-5 hours naps per day. Also in pram in hall! His night time sleep is crap at the moment, but he does get 12 hours, just with many interruptions... So I don't think daytime sleep is 'robbing' night.

This is totally different from my dd who was a 45 min catnapper as a baby! All babies are different etc.

Personally I try to just enjoy it- tho find it exasperating that he can self settle and sleep so well in the day, but not at night confused

sounds fine. dd napped more than that at that age but I know some babies do less.

Wishihadabs Wed 13-Mar-13 14:46:33

Oh that sounds fine then. Total of around 16 hours sleep in 24.

milkyman Wed 13-Mar-13 10:46:39

Sorry, didn't word my msg v well. He sleeps for approx. 1 to 1.5 hrs about 2 hrs after waking. waking time varies, usually about 7:15ish. So nap at 9.15ish.

Wishihadabs Wed 13-Mar-13 10:44:30

I think the problem here is the first nap only 1-1.5 hrs after waking (btw what time does he wake in the am? ) I think this sleep "belongs" to the night. Therefore I suggest not getting him up at the first waking but treating it like a night feed (in the dark, quiet voices etc).

milkyman Wed 13-Mar-13 10:39:41

Hi,
My baby likes to nap in the pram in the hall so is getting some good naps recently. He usually sleeps 1 to 1.5hrs after waking up in the morning, has another nap around 1pm (for about 1.5 to 2.5hrs) and likes to have a power nap for 30mins about 1.5hrs before bed.

How does this sound to you? His nighttime sleep is intermittent. Sometimes a couple of wakings and last night 5! None of it seems to tally with how much he's napped during the day though?

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now