Scratching at ears

(7 Posts)
Orenishii Tue 12-Feb-13 20:46:00

Just wondering about this really...

DS is 15 weeks. In the last couple of weeks he's started scratching/circling around his ears when put down for naps/bed. He's made them bleed several times - cuts from his little fingernails which I've kept trimmed short, not from his ear drum or anything. He also rubs his eyes/scratches his face so it could be a sleepy/tired thing but I was also just wondering if it might be a mild earache due to teething or something made worse by being laid down?

TIA for any advice!

babysaurus Tue 12-Feb-13 22:12:09

Yes! Teething! It may be related to his jaw aching, in connection with his teeth starting to come through. I know as my nephew grabs at his ears, and my DS also bashes his a bit, mainly at bedtime (poss as no other distractions?)
HRH

babysaurus Tue 12-Feb-13 22:12:42

HTH not HRH, bloody spellchecker!

Orenishii Wed 13-Feb-13 10:34:51

Thanks, it deffo does help! Is there anything i can do to help him?

babysaurus Wed 13-Feb-13 19:31:39

We have been using these as a friend bought us some after seeing how well they worked with their little girl and they are great. Not pain relief as such, but they calm them down. Personally i am not keen on going down the Calpol route unless its a last resort. Apparently Boots don't stock them any more, but if all else fails you can get them online.
Good luck!

Orenishii Wed 13-Feb-13 20:44:19

Oh thanks so much for the recommendation! I'm not mad keen on Calpol either and always a last resort. Will definitely try the powder!

babysaurus Wed 13-Feb-13 23:31:27

The powder is brilliant. It's calmed him down on many an occasion and when we find a chemist that stocks it we stock up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now