teaching 8 month old to self settle...but that last bottle?

(7 Posts)
SwivelHips Mon 18-Feb-13 10:23:25

oh congrats, sounds like things are going well envy

sharond101 Sat 16-Feb-13 22:51:01

Night one took twenty minutes and he was asleep. Woke 3 times but only require dummy put back in (normally wants an hour - 2 hours of cuddles in the night, night 2 took 25 minutes to fal asleep, slept 8hrs straight, then two more after I brought him into our bed (not really part of the method), tonight straight to sleep before I even sat in chair!

SwivelHips Sat 16-Feb-13 11:07:53

oh you mean after his last bottle strip him and redress him? hmm he might punch me if I did that.
How's it going Sharond? DS badly teething and quite poorly with a virus so nothing this weekend I think. In with us as per taking up the whole bloody bed. <sighs>

sharond101 Fri 15-Feb-13 21:43:46

How about taking his clothes off then back on that works with my DS. We are on night 2 of gradual retreat.

SwivelHips Fri 15-Feb-13 10:23:30

Sorry back at work now so internet time reduced greatly sad
I've been trying Pantley pull off at night breastfeeding, he's not getting Pantley's message it would seem. This week he's poorly so I've left alone.
Was aiming to start gradual withdrawal this weekend with it being half term but I'll need to wait until he's better. Bloody nursery. Glad its working for you Elphaba, well done Elphaba Junior smile

Have you tried using the Pantley pull-off to stop falling asleep on the bottle? That's supposed to work for bottles and dummies as well as BFing. You then use the gradual withdrawal method outlined in NCSS which starts with holding your DC in the cot. I've managed to consistently get DS falling asleep in his cot following this method, which seems to be lengthening his periods between wake ups for now. Either that, or he's just had a penny drop/stars align/wind start blowing the right direction for him to be sleeping a bit more. smile

SwivelHips Tue 12-Feb-13 10:08:40

ive read ncss and going to start some of the suggestions this weekend. during day hes not fed to sleep (rocked in pram) but he is at night. hes dropped a nap so doesnt sleep past 3pm now so come 7 hes really tired and always goes to sleep on that bottle on our lap, when hes asleep we transfer him to cot. he then wakes up every bloody hour shaking his little hands until we take him in with us. im a disgruntled co sleeper yhat wants my bed back.
so how can i put him to cot awake at night when hes so tired? just wondered what other folks do? sorry 1 finger typing here, no nap this morning grrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now