Travel co-sleeper ideas anyone?!

(5 Posts)
teacher123 Wed 13-Feb-13 11:17:34

DS does quite well in travel cots, but he's used to them as he had one in our room for about 6 weeks when he grew out of his Moses basket but was too young to go into his own room. I would recommend that you put him in it to practice though as they are quite different. I always take bunny his sleepy toy with us and a couple of other familiar toys to leave in his cot and that seems to help. He's also always in a grobag.

Turry Wed 13-Feb-13 11:09:22

Ooh, thank you Nightmoves - off to investigate that one now...

Just wondering as well, how do others' babies do in travel cots, re waking in the night and finding not their familiar mobile etc, but instead a tent thing above their heads (or am I overthinking this and they're fine?)

Nightmoves Tue 12-Feb-13 11:41:17

We are using littlelife arc travel cot which is sort of like a tent. Means that DS can be in the floor and I can lie beside him at the start of the night. I had been transferring to hotel bed, one side against a wall, and having him there or in between us which worked fine but he is now much more mobile so not sure how happy I will be with this on our next trip hmm. Good luck!

Turry Mon 11-Feb-13 13:06:27

ps, we already have a babybay and she's outgrown it! Whacks her arm against the side when she tries to spread out!

Turry Mon 11-Feb-13 12:48:59

Ok so we've managed to get DD (6 months) out of our bed and into her cot bed, but only because we've taken the side off the cot bed and pushed it up against our bed. Hence she can still feed (a hundred times) lying down/ without having to be picked up and fully woken through night.

ANYWAY, we've got several overnight trips coming up, and I'm really not keen on bringing her back in with us, but then looking at standard travel cots, I just don't think they're going to work for our set up... What we need is

1. at least something with a higher mattress than the standard travel; not expecting it to 'match' random hotel/ spare room bed levels, but travel cots I've seen seem ridiculously low

2. ideally something with a side that can be removed...

Quite the challenge, I know! Any takers?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now