11 week old help with night sleeping

(6 Posts)
Minkypinky Fri 01-Feb-13 15:31:31

Hi all, my DS is 11 weeks old and generally an easy happy baby. He is EBF. He is still feeding every 2 to 3 hours including all through the night. Is there anything we could do to try and help him sleep a lot bit longer at night or do we just wait till he's ready? He tends to cluster feed in the evening so i do try to get extra milk into him before bed. I'm fantasising about having more than 2 hours sleep in a row.

DoItToJulia Sat 02-Feb-13 08:28:25

Hi kinky,

My ds is 12wo and EBF.

We have had, in the last week, one night where he slept through, one night where he woke at 5 for a feed, one where he woke at 2 for a feed and one where he woke at 2 and 5 for feeds. I did nothing differently between the days!!

So I don't think there is anything you can do. I have heard two theories. One is that they need to take on enough fuel in the day to sleep for longer periods and the other is that the first stretch of evening/night sleep is the longest, so if he goes to bed at 7, get thee to bed!

They will sleep, one day!

DoItToJulia Sat 02-Feb-13 08:29:01

Kinky?? Autocorrect madness! Minky, even! Sorry!

jkklpu Sat 02-Feb-13 08:32:37

Sounds as though you're doing really well. Can you co-sleep?

Minkypinky Sun 03-Feb-13 16:57:49

Thanks both, smile at kinky! It seems that asking this question has done the trick as he slept for 5 hours last night! Still he'll probably not do more than 2 hours tonight, as you say we will eventually get some sleep I'm sure.

Flisspaps Sun 03-Feb-13 17:01:47

Nothing bar co-sleeping. Exhausting, but not forever

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now