when did you dc drop their third nap?

(8 Posts)
caeleth Sun 27-Jan-13 18:38:44

Ds is just over 7months and our wonderful wakeup and nap routine has gone all over the place. Wondering if he's about to drop a nap, or if we're letting him nap too late in the evening or something.

When does sleep stop begetting sleep and when did your dcs drop theirs? Did they just drop the afternon one and suddenly go along period without sleep before bedtime or do they adjust the other naps to even it out?

Poosnu Sun 27-Jan-13 18:40:38

Around 7 - 8 months. DD just suddenly refused to go down for the afternoon one. I didn't think it would be possible to for DD to stay awake from the lunchtime nap until bedtime, but she managed ok. I think I pushed the lunchtime nap a little later and brought bedtime forward a little while she adjusted.

13Iggis Sun 27-Jan-13 18:44:20

3 naps? Three?
I have missed a trick. 8 month old has been sleeping once a day (for a good hour-and-a-half to 2 hours) for a couple of months now, before that also had an early one not that long after he got up.
If you have 3 naps, what time do they go to bed at? Mine is asleep around half six.

Both children dropped their third nap by six months and their second by a year. DD dropped her final nap at 20 months - DS is only 13 months but I suspect he'll do similar!

The 'sleep begets sleep' idea never worked with ny two - too much sleep in the day meant severely reduced sleep at night.

caeleth Sun 27-Jan-13 18:48:48

Until last week he'd wake up at 7 (+/- 15 mins), first nap around 9, second around 1230 and third around 4. Usually 2x1,5hrs and one 45mins, sometimes the opposite. Asleep between 715 and 745.

caeleth Sun 27-Jan-13 20:47:08

That makes it seem he sleeps a lot.. He doesnt sleep through, so ends up at about 14hrs total.

sharond101 Sun 27-Jan-13 21:40:22

My DS dropped his at seven and half months.

SwivelHips Mon 28-Jan-13 10:58:09

I was thinking of posting the same question. If I left DS to his own devices he'd never nap, so I've been experimenting having 2 v 3, still undecided as he's hyper every night regardless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now