DD 22mo suddenly refusing to go to bed!

(31 Posts)
cordiality Fri 28-Dec-12 09:21:18

Oh help! DD has been a good sleeper for about a year now, 7.30 to 7.30 with the occasional night time waking or early morning but never anything dramatic. We also now have an 8 week old DS, who she is very fond of and he hasn't really affected her sleep.

So Christmas day she refused to go to sleep, screaming for her daddy in her cot, floods of tears. I think I know when she's 'angry crying' or just whinging, but she was genuinely upset I think. We brought her down (the house was full of people) put it down to the excitement of the day and took her to bed with us when we went. (tried a couple of times to put her to bed in cot but she was having none of it) She eventually fell asleep around midnight.

Boxing day night same thing. We left her to cry, after 15 mins she was hysterical and sounded out of control. I went in to calm her and she couldn't calm down and then she was sick sad

I went and slept in the spare room with DS (really no room for 4 in a bed!). She slept in my bed with DH, happy as a pig in shit,

Last night exactly the same. She's won hasn't she?! I'm no longer in my bed and she is! She's also been VERY clingy with DH since last week, no interest in me really, just wants daddy the whole time.

She usually has a nap of 2 hrs between 12 and 2 but has started freaking out for that as well.

What should I do?! I need a plan! Is this separation anxiety? Just a two year old playing up? Is it because I'm with the baby the whole time?

Sorry this is so long. Any wise words much appreciated, my brain is frazzled...

sleepdodger Sun 30-Dec-12 19:58:27

Omg same here with 20mo ds who I currently in a right state in his cot
I've been pick up put down and cc but he actually seems upset and shaking so pupd seemed kinder but seems to be winding him up more shock
We tried cot side off which was a disaster
I'm hmmconfused and joining you for wine

ledkr Spain Sun 30-Dec-12 20:00:58

I find that winds her up too. She is actually better just left but I can't do it I feel bad.

cordiality Sun 30-Dec-12 22:00:00

Not going great here either. Seems dd is ill though, has a horrid cough and has been a bit sick a few times from it.

Can't leave her to cry as i'm sure she'll be sick, so she's down with us building towers with Duplo hmm

Also no nap today, heaven knows how she's still awake, I can barely keep my eyes open!

Sorry to all of you having a tough time, I'm envious of all the wine drinking, it may be the only way to cope!

ledkr Spain Wed 02-Jan-13 13:13:35

How's it all going? Dh has been putting her to bed and letting hr cry for a bit but she's moany not upset. First night about half sn hour but with him sat in her room last night a few seconds smile

beatofthedrum Wed 02-Jan-13 15:55:02

Ds is going to sleep in a big-boy bed at the moment...but napping in hos cot. So not sure whether to take the bars off or not (he's been borrowing his sister's bed but she's back now!)

ledkr Spain Thu 03-Jan-13 08:21:10

Ok another good night here. She fussed when I put her down but only for a few seconds then slept all night. <crosses fingers>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now