7mo, short naps, waking more at night, ideas?

(2 Posts)
HannahBerry Fri 07-Dec-12 15:10:23

I am in the same boat! After my son's 16 week injections, he got a cold, then it all went wrong, sleepwise. I have offered him more solids, but it made no difference and then curtailed weaning and offered him more breastmilk but again no change there! I stopped feeding to sleep at 3 months and so he can self- settle and at random times does sleep through. So I guess he does what he does, when he does it, and it's not really down to my actions smile Sorry, not much help to you. Your situation does sound difficult re the napping.

Hi all. Am after some advice/general consoling etc.

My 7mo has never been a good day napper, lots of short naps (30mins) if put down, will sleep longer (up to 2 h sometimes) on my lap. Have been doing nap laps just to get him some decent naps but have recently decided i need to try and get him to nap in his cot so am breastfeeding to sleep and putting down in cot, sleeps for about 30 mins, is grumpy afterwards as still tired.

He slept through the night from about 10 weeks til 4 months, fed to sleep and slept 10-6. Then at 4 months started waking to feed 2-3 times a night. Still doing this at 7 months sigh. We started solids a few weeks ago, he only has small amounts as blw mostly.

Any ideas? (Im not CIO!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now