Night waking

(4 Posts)
Pigalilly Wed 16-Jan-13 23:08:26

Sorry for the late reply back. It has sorted itself out now and DS is sleeping through again thankfully. When I posted I was at my wits end and now it seems like a bit of a storm in a teacup... sleep deprevation can really be a pain in the backside!

Appreciate your kind words, hope that you are both getting some decent kip especially you 'amigoingmad' as you are expecting!

I am still getting desperate crying as soon as he wakes, can't seem to wake calm and happy just shouting from his cot but hey ho I can cope with that if he hasnt woken me up in the night.

Best sleep wishes xxxx

Madallie Wed 05-Dec-12 07:40:41

Hi, I am quite behind you, dd is 12 months but I also feel your pain. DD wasn't a great sleeper, got better but in the last 2 weeks has been taking ages to go to sleep at night and has started waking in the night. Doesn't seem to matter if she nap well or not.

Last night was not good! She went to bed at 6.45pm (tired) but didn't settle until 7.35pm, cried out at 8.30pm but settled quite quickly, again at 9.30pm, then cried on and off between talking and laying quietly between 10.30pm and 1am. She then cried again at 2.30am and was sitting up. She settled quicklly again then woke for the day at 6.30am.

I am shattered! Before this she was sleeping 7.30pm ish - 6.30am.

I have heard of separation anxiety but really don't think it is this. She is quite happy to go to other people during the day, doesn't cry if I leave her and doesn't crty when I put her down at bedtime.

Maybe teething I guess!

Anyway, above posters you have my sympathies, it's horrible feeling so tired. I am also quite worried that I might have another year or more of this. Oh dear!

AmIGoingMad Wed 05-Dec-12 04:28:25

I have no advice I'm sorry but wanted to let u know you're not alone! Our DS is 22 months and is the same- has been for a few weeks. I'm 11 wks pregnant too and it's very difficult. It's not a long term solution but we've borrowed a futon for his room and take turns to go in and sleep after his first waking. Really not sure what to do but can't go on like this much longer!
You have my sympathy!

Pigalilly Wed 05-Dec-12 04:03:51

After literally 18months of no waking between 7-7, DS who is just 2 has started night waking. It is getting progressively worse over last 3 weeks to the point where I have been in 3 times in last hour.

There are no signs of infection, he just needs a cuddle then goes back down but why is he generally unsettled suddenly? He is having fun packed days, eating well and getting an hours nap in day and so I am just exhausted from it all. I have just started shouting 'no' from the bedroom ( feel like a terrible mummy ) and it seems to work for 30 mins but no sooner have I managed to disengage my brain and go back to sleep the whimpering starts and he is calling for me repeatedly.

He is in no way ready to give up his daytime nap as he is shattered by 11. He is not on any new foods, isnt showing signs of teething, doesnt need a nappy change.

Can anyone offer me any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now