Your newborn and sleep patterns

(6 Posts)
FirstTimeForEverything Sat 17-Nov-12 09:18:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FirstTimeForEverything Sat 17-Nov-12 12:28:26

That sounds fab - you are lucky! She should stay in that pattern for quite a while - depending on how well she naps and eats during the day. Mine did this too from very early, I felt very lucky. We'd get the odd AWFUL night, but mostly, it was like you described.

Mine dropped the 3am feed about 4/5 months, and then the 11pm feed at about 6 months, now at almost 7 months he sleeps 7pm-7am most nights (apart from the last 4 because he is teething!).

Just read up about the 4 month sleep regression so you don't get a nasty surprise!

Twobuttonsaway Sun 18-Nov-12 06:33:41

My 5wo cluster feeds between 6 an 8pm then sleeps through to about 2am, and then wakes again between 4 and 5. Currently loathe to wake him for a 10:30pm feed in case I can't fill him up and knock him out (I mean with milk as opposed to a blunt instrument). My plan in the next week or so is to get organised and express so 10:30 can be in a bottle.

FirstTimeForEverything Sun 18-Nov-12 07:54:00

It may well change - all babies are different! Just enjoy while you can, make sure she naps well, and feeds well and it should continue. When she hits a growth spurt it might change for a week or so, but then should go back to 'normal'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now