Back to 2 naps after having only 1?

(1 Post)
minibmw2010 Thu 15-Nov-12 09:08:24

My 17 (nearly 18) month old DS has gone back to having/needing 2 naps, is this usual? Is it a sleep regression type thing? He was generally doing OK on 1 nap from about mid-day to 1.30/2 and then was quite poorly for a week and obviously slept loads then. Since then he's only slept well during the night on days he's having 2 naps. So generally he's waking up about 6.30, first nap is 9 for about 40/50 minutes and then he's ready again by 2.30 for another hour and a half (or so). We generally start bedtime by 7 so he's in bed asleep by 7.30.

Should I be trying harder to make him stay awake for only one? Usually my thought is if he wakes after 7 he can cope until 11.30 or so, before 7 he needs 2 sleeps.

He goes to Nursery Mondays & Tuesdays and has 1 nap of about 1hr30 there, it seems he spends the rest of the week trying to catch up but I worry I'm not helping him by letting him have 2 the rest of the week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now