13 week old trouble going to sleep

(4 Posts)
Clumsasaurus Tue 13-Nov-12 22:54:15

My DS is 13 weeks and up to now has been a pretty good sleeper. The last few days have been a nightmare and I don't know why.

He sleeps circa 1 hr from 730 after bath and BF. then wakes feeds and is sleepy but wakes when I try and put him down. Then has a 30 min meltdown (overtired I think) and then feeds to sleep only to wake upon put down or 10 mins after. Last night he finally conked out at midnight and slept to 8:30. I'm baffled and have no idea what to do.

Prior to this he fed/dozed from 730 to 915 and would be put down asleep, he'd wake once to feed and wake at 830. Nothing has changed in his routine - day or night.

Does anyone have any suggestions? This is day 5! Reading NCSS but so far not found anything to help...

Clumsasaurus Wed 14-Nov-12 09:35:24

Last night was even worse... He woke every 3 hours wanting feeding but I'm not convinced it was hunger, more comfort...?

This is about the age where my DS's sleep started going completely to pot, and has sadly remained that way but far, far worse to the present day. He's now 26 weeks. The only suggestion I have that made the slightest difference for us was to start his bedtime routine earlier (no later than 6:30pm) so that he was asleep in his cot by 7pm.

BonkeyMollocks Wed 14-Nov-12 10:02:00

13 weeks?

Just because he has slept well until now doesn't mean he will do for the rest of his life.

I think there are a lot of people out there who would kill for to have a 13 weeker sleep from midnight til 8.30.

Count yourself lucky and listen to him. teething? Hungry? Just comfort?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now