DS (23W) is going hyper again....what's going on??

(3 Posts)
SwivelHips Wed 14-Nov-12 12:35:48

He has 3 naps currently, each a battle in their own right. Naps are usually 45 mins although I'm trying to get him into his cot for daytime naps, so this morning's nap was only 15m shock.
Say I did manage to get him into bed at say 6pm I'm thinking he might still treat that as a nap and wake after 45 mins again bright eyed and bushy tailed. This is what happens when he falls asleep now, usually wakes around 9pm and wants to play. Totally wearing me down....

teacher123 Wed 14-Nov-12 09:06:04

How many naps etc does he have in the day? DS (now 29 weeks) has to be in bed by 6pm or he just cries and cries and cries. He only has two naps (9.30ish and 1pmish) and then he has bath, feed and bed and is in cot by 6pm. Our bedtime routine is pretty set in stone and involves lots of winding down, eg feeding in a semidarkness, lots of cuddles and the same thing each evening. Maybe cut out the last nap and move bedtime earlier?

SwivelHips Tue 13-Nov-12 19:38:22

DS aka rip van winkle has never been a great sleeper, however, we had a routine of sorts which has went out the window this week. I'm now wondering as he's getting older maybe we need to bring his bedtime forward (although I dont know how that would work in practise because he doesn't sleep as it is!!).
He wakes from his last nap approx 5pm (45 mins here tops), we then play, bath, feed and aim to get him to bed by 7:30pm/8:00pm. He naps on us and we usually put him in his cot 9:30ish.
DS was again tonight very hyper during our dinner (he sits in his bumbo) had his bath and I can hear him now shouting from the other room. No chance of him going down anytime soon, when he does eventually fall asleep on DS he'll wake after about 30mins and want me (fine), comfort feed and he'll fall back asleep. When he eventually does go into his cot he's waking hourly most of the night. Last night I brought him in with us at 1am because I couldn't take it anymore. He comfort feeds it feels like hourly and if he doesn't get it he starts to cry (v loudly) until I give him the boob. I'm shattered sad
I've read other threads about babies his age waking hourly (ladies I share your pain) but I'm wondering if there's something in his routine that I could do to make it better.
First time mum here and I'm at a loss...such a lovely placid baby in the day but at night gah.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now