What to do when clocks go back?

(30 Posts)
Madallie Mon 08-Oct-12 19:40:08

Does anyone know how to manage this in terms of lo's sleep?

DD has started waking quite early, which will be even earlier when clocks go back soon.

I know it's no use just keeping dd up and putting her to bed an hour later cos of overtiredness so just wondered what to do?

Any advise or ideas?

Thanks

blushingmare Mon 15-Oct-12 07:33:40

Have no experience of this as dd is 4 months do this will be our first cliche change. But we have just got back from a holiday where there was a 2 hour time difference, do coming home was effectively putting the clicks back 2 hours. Based on that I would agree with sittinginthesun - with the travelling and late night home from the airport etc, her body clock was sufficiently thrown to not know what the time was anyway and she slotted back into UK time very quickly. she's an early riser too, but she hasn't been awake before 5:30 at all this week. So I guess we're planning a wild night of partying for clock change night!

KD0706 Mon 15-Oct-12 08:48:30

I do the same as gobblers and just go with the new time, pretending nothing has happened. This is DD2s first clock change, but this 'method' has worked fine so far on (rubbish sleeper) DD1 who is 2.5.

poachedeggs Wed 17-Oct-12 06:12:42

I don't want mine to magically adjust - she's waking at 4.30 these days. I'd like her to magically stop that! Didn't get to bed until after midnight so really looking forward to today hmm

fraktion Wed 17-Oct-12 06:26:00

I treat it as jet lag and do the hard reset option.

That said DS currently does 9-9 with some random middle of the night wakings so 8-8 would suit me....

spartacusflapjack Wed 17-Oct-12 16:53:44

I've been dreading this for weeks too! With our twins I've started to push their day from 7-7 to 7.30 to 7.30 in the hope that it'll make things easier next week. They're still tending to be up well before 7 but I'm not giving them their morning milk until half 7 and they don't seem to mind.
As their sleeping is all over the place at the moment I'm just crossing my fingers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now