Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

to get my baby to sleep at night

(13 Posts)
Amajane Fri 28-Sep-12 12:47:44

I feel sorry for you rhetorician at least my bubba just sings and is happy to lay their I think my only opinion is to leave her. She starts nursery soon so hopefully that wear her out.

rhetorician Fri 28-Sep-12 09:51:31

mine is nearly 10mo and does this too; you can just about get her to go back, but even then she sleeps very lightly and fitfully. I think if she isn't crying or distressed then I'd be inclined to leave her to it. Unfortunately my dd2 cries after not very long and doesn't seem able to settle herself back to sleep...

Amajane Fri 28-Sep-12 09:38:33

3am is not a time I want my child to be up playing. I also don't want her to sit in front of a tv all morning people seem to think that turning on the tv is the solution to your problems. How's a child supposed to learn and develop when all you do is stick it in front of a tv man it makes me cross.

flubba Thu 27-Sep-12 19:45:13

Oh good point sleepless (but why the NN? wink) - mine start the day at stupid o'clock which sadly often starts with a 5 shock yawwwwwwwn. I just assumed OP meant 3am or something?

sleeplessinderbyshire Thu 27-Sep-12 18:39:24

how do you define " a stupid hour in the morning"? if it's any time after 5am it may just be that you are cursed with a lark/earlybird who will probably take until she is a teenager to grow out of it. when my DD did this we just took turns to get up early and watch lots of cbeebies with her (why do you think it comes on at 6am?)

flubba Thu 27-Sep-12 18:35:07

Oh sad Not good.

Another thought would be to delay the morning one and then delay the afternoon one if you can - so she's not soooooo tired that she falls asleep at the dinner table, but is still properly tired to sleep through.

I can't think of anything else right now, sounds like you've tried almost everything else sad

Hold on to the mantra: >>this is just a phase and will pass<<

Amajane Thu 27-Sep-12 17:19:31

I tried skipping the late nap but for a whole week she fell asleep a the dinner table. Gave her dinner earler and she still fell asleep and woke and had a sing song during the night. Made no difference.

flubba Thu 27-Sep-12 12:22:35

Is she waking out of hunger or habit?

Can you try to cut the 5pm nap out? Morning and big afternoon nap sound fine, but I would try and cut the 5pm one out so that she's properly tired when she goes down at 7pm.

You have my sympathy by the way ~ not that it helps much! smile

ElenMumsnetBloggers (MNHQ) Thu 27-Sep-12 11:20:39

Hi there,
we're moving this thread to Sleep because we think it'll get a better response there.

Amajane Thu 27-Sep-12 11:14:41

Sleeping pattern during the day small nap about nine. Long nap at lunch a power nap at five. If she falls asleep before seven she awake All night. Max sleep during the day 2 hours 3 if been poorly.

Amajane Thu 27-Sep-12 11:11:22

She is seven months old in her own room I've done every trick in the book. I've tried them for a least a week. Nothing works.

flubba Thu 27-Sep-12 09:46:13

How old is she? What else are her sleeping patterns like? Is she still in your room with you?

Amajane Thu 27-Sep-12 04:29:16

My daughter seems to think that when she wakes at a stupid hour in the morning that its play time. She has a two hour sleep during the day max. I just leave her but am becoming very tired. She lays in her cot with no toys in it singing very loudly. When asked for advice from my health visitors all she said was shut her door. What do I do im a nursery nurse with over ten years experience I don't know what else to do any ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now