3month old sleeping issue

(6 Posts)
emz0909 Sat 01-Sep-12 21:48:17

i do "burp" him when he has a dream feed, however if hes asleep nothing will come up unless ive still got him over my shoulder 30 mins later which isnt always practical.
they usually have a big burp when they wake up though smile

imissbrie Wed 22-Aug-12 15:11:33

i have a 3 month old and im wondering about this "dream feed" do u not need to burp your baby afterwards? resulting in the baby waking up? or at 3 months is it ok to just put them back down? I always feel so guilty having to burp when my wee one is practically asleep in my arms.

emz0909 Thu 09-Aug-12 23:43:40

I will give both a go from tommorow smile
done dream feeds before and had a success with them aslong as he isnt in a deep sleep, which led eventually to him sleeping longer i.e 10-4
Only issue is some nights will wake earlier than others so hard to interpret dream feed. also when other half puts him back down he falls back to sleep so maybe he nos mommy gives in quick haha smile x

Iwillorderthefood Thu 09-Aug-12 20:00:55

I would remove the mobile and see if this helps. Make sure all low key no turning on lights, no nappy change unless absolutely needs it.

CamperWidow Thu 09-Aug-12 19:52:16

My 10month old does the same. Have you tried getting up before him and giving him a dream feed? Not completly wake him, but just enough that he'll have some milk and still be sleepy? It will suck for a bit as you will have to get up, but he may sleep longer then.

emz0909 Thu 09-Aug-12 08:21:51

My 12week old will sleep from about 10-4/5 in his cot wake for a feed but wont go back in his cot!!.
I try for half hour but wont go to sleep and starts to get excited because of his mobile although its not on. as soon as he gets in our bed he will nod right off sometimes.
The other night he wouldnt go down but as soon as he come into our bed and i put the quilt over him he was fast asleep.
Why is this? and i dont want to get into a habit of this because it already seems like he nos what hes doing any ways to get him back into his cot after a feed.
Advice please x.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now